Toro Rosso Leipzig vs Tottenham Hotspur (10/3/20) (20:00 ko)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is this now worse than the AVB/Sherwood season?

Sort of, the AVB bit was some of the worst football I have ever seen in my Spurs supporting lifetime, in defence of Tim and yes I know he is a dick he did play some ok attacking football and it was fun at times but he was very naive tactically and exposed us way to much.

This season hurts more because it’s like a giant come down after several years as a top team, the direction is down where as AVB/Sherwood felt more of a blip.

This team is a mess.

Our reliance on Kane and Son to mask all the deficiencies throughout the squad is shocking. Player recruitment has been horrendous.

Aside from Lo Celso, all our "best" players have been at the club at least 4 years. No new blood into the squad and the result is a team that's completely unbalanced that relies entirely on the goals from two players, and without them we're a complete shambles.

Defense can't keep a clean sheet, midfield gets dominated game in and game out, attack has zero creativity and generates hardly any chances.

It's just a train wreck.

In terms of who played for us tonight, we don't have a single world class player healthy right now. It's a team of guys you'd expect to see middling along for a middle of the table PL club and on this stage that's not good enough.

Think there’s a real possibility that if we don’t qualify for the CL next year (long shots I know) Jose won’t be here
People need to accept that regardless of how poorly we perform this year, Mourinho will be here for the full 20/21 season.

We literally can not afford to sack him. He is one of the highest paid managers ever. It would cost a fortune. Levy will stick by him 100%.

When we sacked Poch we should have gave the manager to the end of the season, basically a caretaker role to see how they got on. Good performance =contract, bad performnce = cheerio.

We gave Jurassic Jose 3.5 years at £15million per year

We got fucked over by our board

Back
Top Bottom