Tottenham Boys We’re Still Here

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This isn't my era of things but genuinely think it's brilliant that players and supporters can meet up and have beers like this years later. Enjoyed reading about it.

Doubt our current crop will be this accessible in 40 years time.

I was telling Keith Osgood that I already had got his signature once before in the White Hart after the Mansfield away game. Surprisingly he couldn't recall it. Then I remembered it was actually Mickey Stead which was probably why.

Also got Martin Robinson's autograph who made 4 appearances that season who I wouldn't have ever remembered in a million years. Nice bloke.

This isn't my era of things but genuinely think it's brilliant that players and supporters can meet up and have beers like this years later. Enjoyed reading about it.

Doubt our current crop will be this accessible in 40 years time.

Unfortunately don’t think I will be that accessible in 40 years time either!!!

1d99707770e4836e1a4f6b6a1d8c8eb190857300.jpeg

Yes it did.
And was much appreciated.
Though I did point out to the owner it was his silly fault for bringing a coat out in tropical weather...
I think he wanted more surface area to put the lady gaga badges on.
Cheers. I liked reading banter on here, sounds like it was a great day. The 1970s was my teenage/young man era following Spurs. I would have loved to have been at the book launch, seeing and having a chat with Terry Naylor and Keith Osgood, et al.

Sent my mate Mark ,who was meant to be there yesterday,but couldn't make it(Trains),my photo with Keith Osgood,he sent this back.
"Keith Osgood tried to chat up and pull my girlfriend in Zero 6 nightclub in Southend. She was out with her mates and I was with mine. She come over to me and said that bloke is being a right pest. Says he’s a pro footballer. I told her who he was and I told her to say that as I’m a Spurs fan I wouldn’t give him a slap. He got me a beer and we had a laugh about it. I would never recognise him now!"

Last edited:

That was great.

Not football, but some sort of candid camera joke where the players were trying to keep their balance on the mudpile from Hell.

Steve Perryman slips to give away that penalty, and you can see from his body language he knows he had little chance of staying on his feet.

For Hoddle's penalty, he's just trying to stop himself falling over before he can strike the ball.

Then, for the free kick, he steps up and curls one majestically into the top corner.

Take a bow, the legend that is Glenn Hoddle.

All I remember about canvey is a camping shop that’s massive.
Used to go down to Kings, they used to have quite a few comedians down there back in the day. Bobby Davro, who was really funny live, Jim Davidson who was ok, and Jimmy Jones, who used to do my head in every time he broke into song, he was crap.

Those excursions were like something out of a Carry on film, a big coach load of us, most from the Council that my Uncle worked for, piling mob handed into Kings and virtually drinking the place dry, there were some real power drinkers in that mob.

I miss those days.

Never remembered the other goals, just Barry daines missing it completely and then the Hodd's last minute free kick, and subsequently wondering how close we would've been to staying down if he hadn't scored it.
Great season, often the only images of an away match would be a still photo in the next home programme.
Osgood a great penalty taker, regular massive away support, Hoddle an obvious star in the making, rebirth after the mid 70s decline, then the ossie and Ricky signings to show everyone we're not only back but challenging. After the early 70s as a kid, that team and the early 80s was my favorite era following us, as attending fan. Plus a proper shelf and park lane.

Cheers. I liked reading banter on here, sounds like it was a great day. The 1970s was my teenage/young man era following Spurs. I would have loved to have been at the book launch, seeing and having a chat with Terry Naylor and Keith Osgood, et al.
It was a good afternoon and evening mate. It's events and days like this restore my faith in football to be honest

Back
Top Bottom