Tottenham Boys - We Are Here

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss the latest matches, our players and any transfer news surrounding Spurs. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts. You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Funny how these silly Euro firms show up now giving it the large, no sign of any of them back in the 70 s / 80s at the Lane, not one.
I was at the '74 UEFA Cup Final 1st leg at WHL. Was in the cage with my father. I do remember very clearly some Feyenoord fans throwing objects on to us from the seats above. People were going mad about it.
I saw some Dutch fans being set upon in Worcester Av. after the game.
Think this certainly set the trend for the 2nd leg.

Comment

Register to remove

I was at the '74 UEFA Cup Final 1st leg at WHL. Was in the cage with my father. I do remember very clearly some Feyenoord fans throwing objects on to us from the seats above. People were going mad about it.
I saw some Dutch fans being set upon in Worcester Av. after the game.
Think this certainly set the trend for the 2nd leg.
From the East upper ? :mourwhat:

Comment
I seem to remember a fella called Julian who was one of the Richmond boys (but fucked if I can remember any of the others), I was from Ham originally and knew a few of them, but moved and ended up knocking about with another bunch from other parts of Surrey (Walton, Adlestone, Staines, Wraysbury).

I'm pretty sure this was what he's talking about, I remember talking about it on SC about 5 years ago.....Edit....fuck me found the post of mine on SC from 2015:

Do you remember that West Ham fella who used to knock about in the early eighties? Sure his name was Jimmy Noble?
Yep, remember Jaws (Julian). I also know the Surrey boys very well. Jimmy Noble is still a regular over Spurs, was out of East London but was never West Ham, although I remember when Swallow and a few ICF turned up on his doorstep after we took a few liberties!

Comment

Register to remove

I seem to remember a fella called Julian who was one of the Richmond boys (but fucked if I can remember any of the others), I was from Ham originally and knew a few of them, but moved and ended up knocking about with another bunch from other parts of Surrey (Walton, Adlestone, Staines, Wraysbury).

I'm pretty sure this was what he's talking about, I remember talking about it on SC about 5 years ago.....Edit....fuck me found the post of mine on SC from 2015:

Do you remember that West Ham fella who used to knock about in the early eighties? Sure his name was Jimmy Noble?

Comment
Those 77-78 and 78-79 seasons there are very few firms that could live with Spurs.
agreed mate but early 80's also, the firm on the Kings road against Chelsea 82 when we ran them everywhere was a war machine, that was a proper Spurs mob to be reckoned with, a day when we all came together. I got to know some Chelsea blokes years after and they said that they were in the Black Bull and when they saw the mob we had outside they were shell shocked, jaws dropped to their knees. Even went as far as to say the best two firms ever to come to Stamford bridge were us in 82 on that day and the Pikeys from the East when they took the Shed 79? or around there.

Comment
Hello everyone

We're currently in the process of researching a film we plan to make about Tottenham Boys We Are Here.

We're looking for people to speak to who own a copy (ideally an original), and anyone who might have appeared in the book.

I realise this is a long shot as there was only a small run on the first version, and it was published 40 years ago.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Cheers

Flav
Iv never had the pleasure of seeing this book but have seen plenty of pics on here + other places online.So did the author go to every game that season or just select games + are there write ups as well as pics? ...YIDS!

Comment
Top Bottom