Tottenham Hotspur FC - Crystal Palace

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I really feel the difference between yesterday and Sunday was the full backs. Dier and Doherty offer so little either in defence or in attack we were basically 2 men down.
Aurrier and Reguilon at least offer a constant attacking threat which will help push opposition players back. And in most cases, they both offer a little something in defence too. Doherty may as well have been sent off in the second half as he went missing. Not sure he's been found yetl

I really feel the difference between yesterday and Sunday was the full backs. Dier and Doherty offer so little either in defence or in attack we were basically 2 men down.
Aurrier and Reguilon at least offer a constant attacking threat which will help push opposition players back. And in most cases, they both offer a little something in defence too. Doherty may as well have been sent off in the second half as he went missing. Not sure he's been found yetl

Confused Gary Coleman GIF

I see it’s still Diers fault when he doesn’t play

Maybe it’s Winks fault that we are equally shit when he didn’t play too

And must be all on Sissoko for his whole 23 minutes

Nothing and I repeat nothing to do with the actual attackers though

I would feel more comfortable if rodon plays instead of Sanchez. Plus he could use the game time. Doherty and Davies/ Reg and Serge is essential.

I've thought about it and this game has to take priority along with the NLD

Play the strongest team possible maybe bar Dele and Bale who can't start consecutive games.

Rotate against Dinamo Zagreb as its 2 legs and all you really need to do in the home leg is keep a clean sheet so put out something like this.

Lloris
Doherty Sanchez Dier Davies
Sissoko Winks
Lucas Dele Bergwijn
Vinicius

This team would be strong enough to beat Dinamo Zagreb and would allow the likes of Kane/Son/Hojbjerg who are probably tired to get a rest.
And if it goes wrong then just go really strong in the 2nd leg to salvage the tie.

Palace are safe now and have fuck all to play for

This should be a solid 3-points...
They were last game of last season hadn’t scored for god knows how long and yet we made them look like world beaters. We just about scraped a draw. . This is the problem with Jose football we make every bloody team look good. Even when we have better players!

Naming the side like this continues to work. 3 wins out of 3 now.

French Alcoholic
Ivorian Nutcase, Pablo Escobar, Belgian OAP, Spanish Speedy Gonzalez
Viking, French Penguin
Welsh Mafia, English Gamer, K-pop
English Golfer

I see it’s still Diers fault when he doesn’t play

Maybe it’s Winks fault that we are equally shit when he didn’t play too

And must be all on Sissoko for his whole 23 minutes

Nothing and I repeat nothing to do with the actual attackers though
Agree. Without a strong base, we don’t get the ball forward, control the game or create chances. Hopefully we are not subjected to the full backs, Sissoko or the other mugs you cite, ever again

Agree. Without a strong base, we don’t get the ball forward, control the game or create chances. Hopefully we are not subjected to the full backs, Sissoko or the other mugs you cite, ever again
Yeah and as I said, when they don’t play, we are often equally shit

Maybe you need a new theory

There’s a couple common denominators in our team, and that’s the players who play every week.
Nothing really changes though that often, no matter who else is rotated.

Hmmmm wonder where part of the problem is

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom