Tottenham Hotspur FC - Crystal Palace

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bale constantly trying the risky balls. None of this sideways passing. Similar to Kane in a way. Almost like they are searching for a more difficult pass just to impress. Love to see it.
Lucas' pressing was great as well.
I hope this does indeed signal a mentality shift in how we play. It seems that way since Everton.
I was thinking about this recently while watching KDB and I noticed that he attempts a lot of "Hollywood" passes that don't come off. It seems that the most effective passers will try a lot of difficult balls because the reward is usually worth the risk: a hard pass often leads to a more favourable outcome if you pull it off, and if you're good enough to make it work some of the time, you should.

Château NoHo Château NoHo You don't want us to sell Sanchez?
I do not. Kevin Wimmer notwithstanding, Pochettino knows a good CB when he sees one. Sanchez has elite level mobility and physicality, which make him (IMO) our best CB for playing a higher defensive line.

I suspect it may be easier to replace Toby (not a slight-- he's been a legend for us and I still feel is our best overall CB). Many of us were surprised when Toby's £25 Million release clause came and went with no takers.

Back
Top Bottom