Tottenham Hotspur FC - Man City Mercenaries

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Exciting times down at the lane. Lets hope the home crowd wake up!! Can't fault the away support (as ever).
Tim heaped praise on the support on Sunday. Would love to read a quote on Thursday 30th 'our fans were superb tonight, they got us over the line'

I think dropping Bentaleb sends the wrong message and is a stupid idea. Add Capoue or Sandro and drop Chadli. If we are not penetrating enough by half time then add an attacker imv

Do well and get dropped.
He's done ok - and I truly believe certain players are far better suited for 'certain' opposition - so there is nothing wrong with well-informed squad rotation, all top teams do it

He can be rested for Hull, where I'd imagine he'd be given far more time on the ball.

The system we played yesterday is the system we need for the Man City game.

This is one of the few occasions at home where tims 4-4-2 is a no no.
I wonder If he played it yesterday at Swansea as a test run for Man City.

Confidence is very high and we can get something out of this game..
I think this is why Sherwood trailed this system to bed it in for city game only change of personal I can see is Sandro in for Benteleb. possible Verts for Daws

scum got to play saints away Liverpool play Everton if it wasn't for Chavski having to play west ham at home would of risked a top 4 all lose acumulator

I think this is why Sherwood trailed this system to bed it in for city game only change of personal I can see is Sandro in for Benteleb. possible Verts for Daws

scum got to play saints away Liverpool play Everton if it wasn't for Chavski having to play west ham at home would of risked a top 4 all lose acumulator

Don't do that... besides it'll never happen... but as and when it does, Sky Sports will implode upon itself, and football will eat itself!

Exciting times down at the lane. Lets hope the home crowd wake up!! Can't fault the away support (as ever).
Tim heaped praise on the support on Sunday. Would love to read a quote on Thursday 30th 'our fans were superb tonight, they got us over the line'
Hopefully being a midweek night game the atmosphere might be better.

Don't do that... besides it'll never happen... but as and when it does, Sky Sports will implode upon itself, and football will eat itself!
To be fair top four all win is much more likely but if....... if we beat city then the other results are possible except the west ham game. They haven't a ghost of getting anything other than nil at the bridge.

To be fair top four all win is much more likely but if....... if we beat city then the other results are possible except the west ham game. They haven't a ghost of getting anything other than nil at the bridge.

...and they might not even get that!! can you do minus goals scored??

I'd like to see Sandro alongside Dembele in the middle, with Eriksen playing his favored role in the No 10 and Townsend out left. Regardless, the most essential change to the starting lineup for me has to be the utilization of a fit Sandro who I hope will use the next eight days optimally. He could be the difference.

Thats exactly how I would go.

Genuine pace on the flanks to give them something to worry about, as solid a CM as we can manage, Eriksen pulling the strings - hopefully to good effect and Ade in there able to hold the ball and bring others into play. Balanced between attack and defence nicely.

According to www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php all of our players will be back from injury in time for this game. Granted, they may not be match fit and need a week or two extra to get there - but it sure makes me wish for:

Lloris
Walker-Chiriches-Vertonghen-Rose
Sandro
Dembele Paulinho
Lamela Ade Eriksen
Lamela instead of lennon? never gonna happen you need proven premiership players in this match Lamela is just not there yet play him the europas and ease his way in in cameo roles as a sub in tier 2 premiership matches. Then next season he will be ready to fly. Swearing in English reading Shakespeare an aficionado of the great British breakfast sending black puddings back to Argentina.

I know its a lot to ask for, but if we beat City, and Liverpool Vs. Everton draw, we will be in the fourth spot.
Not to mention the Gooners have to go to Southampton which shouldn't be easy.
IF! If everything goes to plan:

Chelsea: 52pts
Woolwich: 52pts
City: 50pts
Spurs: 46pts
Liverpool: 44pts
Everton: 43pts

Chances of this happening are slim, but to pull closer to Woolwich and City, and to make those Top 3 really close, can only benefit us.
Not to mention the next fixture Chelsea play City, we could again pull a lot closer to the top 3.
We really need Woolwich to draw at Southampton, as the next fixture City or Chelsea will drop points and we don't want them clear!

EDIT:

Hahahaha! Just realised it translates the Gooners to Woolwich, brilliant!
:adelol:

You should not be relying on the forum masking that shower of shits name for you.
That is all.

Back
Top Bottom