Tottenham Hotspur FC - Man City Mercenaries

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we're to play with one striker then Eriksen's got to play in the hole.....

Somebody unleash Mick.... quick!

media_httpwwwoffthepo_nHEGu.gif

EDIT: ...wow, 13...14 15 16 17 make that 18 'funnys' and counting... this is fast becoming the most amusing thing I have ever posted... and it's not even MINE!

Last edited:
well it clearly wasn't the result we were hoping for, or potentially expecting.
hopefully my naive optimism can throw some positive light on the whole occasion for us.

Without sounding too self indulgent, some of you might now tonight was first ever trip the White Hart Lane. I am an Australian who has madly supported Spurs for quite some time now. After following our boys to our last outing up in Wales, recording a great Win, and experience Spurs for the very first time, I made may way to Tottenham this evening. My tickets were situated in South Stand Lower, Section 35. The perfect place to stand all night, uninterrupted by stewards (aside from the guys who was occasionally walking up and down the gang-way, listening out for too much 'yidism').

My afternoon started out at the Bricklayers, talking to a couple of locals fans, who were reminiscing about the 60's and the various memorabilia that covers the walls of the Bricklayers. No matter how much I tried to convince 'Keith", he wouldn't accept that AVB did any good to our organisation, and continued to ask the question "...how can we win games, if we don't score goals." A few pints down, we decided to leave the Bricklayers and pursue our dreams in a local jaunt called The Bill Nicholson..

Well well well.... My only piece of advice for ANY Tottenham fan who is heading to White Hart Lane for their debut performance is... MAKE YOUR WAY TO THE BILL NICK!!!

We had such a blast there, and were very well looked after by punters and bartenders alike. (The double sausage in bread for 4quid wasn't too bad either). I even managed to purchase a 'Wenger is a Paedo' badge.

The atmosphere at the ground was electric, and we stood all night, singing, clapping, calling Dzeko a 'box head cunt'. It was fantastic. Some people left early, some people slagged off our players, but most of Section 35 sung together, stayed till the end together and rode the waves together..

I fly home on Friday, back to Australia. so many memories, and I hope all of you Londoners who are feeling shit about the result can take some solace in the fact that a tourist who bought their tickets from the Spurs site, after purchasing an overseas membership, absconding from stubhub, has a fucking fantastic time!!!

#yidarmy

#coys

ArcspacE

ENIC OUT NOW !!! ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
Man City would play 2 games before arriving at WHL next Wednesday for a mouth-watering encounter.

We rest for 10 days following our FA Cup 3rd round exit

I think we need to opt for 5 in the middle again and try to suffocate their immense physical presence

Capoue / Sandro in for Bentaleb

Verts for Dawson

Lamela / Townsend in for Chadli

Rest of the team picks themselves, really

[formation="4123, Lloris, Walker, Chiriches, Vertonghen, Rose, Sandro, Eriksen, Dembele, Lennon, Bad Ade, Lamela"][/formation]

UjdrZkZNM2ZjM1kx_o_referee-and-kolarov-funny-moment---liverpool-vs-.jpg

spurs2_1630347c.jpg

bale-main_1714638a.jpg

daniel-levy.jpg

funny-dog-pictures-brakes-fail-bulldog.jpg

Lets' go and smash these mercenary twats

2:1

COYS

Cant-Smile-Without-You-Tottenham.jpg

can't believe people are thinking about Woolwich before us. I want Spurs to draw or win as it would benefit us. Woolwich will drop points throughout Feb so i couldn't give a fuck if they go 4 points clear on Wednesday.

Here's how this match is gonna play out:

- Take kick off
- Pass it back to defence
- Pass it back to Lloris
- Lloris fluffs his kick, gifting possession to the opposition
- Lloris makes a terrific save but the ball falls to Navas
- Navas somehow fluffs his shot so badly that it loops all the way into Joe Hart's net.
- Spurs hold out for a hard worked 1-0 win.

Fin.

Last edited:
People think Bentaleb is not ready for this game (on the back of 7 or 8 games on the spin) and playing well.....fair enough, he's young, and City are strong as fuck.

But on that basis, why do those same people think this is the game to bring Lamela into the side?

:lennon:

If Bentaleb is dropped, it surely has to be Sandro, Dembele and Capoue in the middle, with Dembele furthest forward.

Lennon, Eriksen and Ade the front three.

The "biggest test of Sherwoods reign", and Lamela should be thrown to wolves, on the back of a couple EL games, three months ago, and an injury??

:lamelashock:

(and by wolves, I mean Spurs fans)

I see many (predictably) have resorted to the usual 'blame the ref for everything' tactic - guys, I know it's painful and that's usually the easiest scape-goat but let's look at some of the other moments. Why can't we simply accept we were outplayed and not good enough (against a team with net spend of half a billion fucking pounds!). Not to mention the offside call was CORRECT and Rose's tackle looked much worse because he came from the side so it became a 50/50 really.

Just a few points below

- We were completely and utterly fucking OWNED the entire first half and were lucky to concede only 1. Around the 40th minute mark their attempts read 11 to ours single one. 35 - 65 possession, etc.

- Our only threat came from a few set-pieces - we didn't muster a SINGLE chance from open play, forcing Hart into a save or anything close to it - completely hapless. Was that also the lino's fault?

- Our midfield with that overhyped kid playing holding mid against Yaya fuckuing Toure and David Silva was busy chasing shadows all game - we gave the Spaniard an airport's runway in terms of space for the first goal - criminal.

- Rose's penalty, as unlucky as it was, came about from YET another 1-v-1 situation where our CBs were caught sleeping and they carved us open like a ripe fruit. It was only a matter of time.

- Dawson WAS offside from Ade's attempted header and the call was right - not to mention all the lucky ones we've had this season - it was bound to reverse at some point and pity it happened vs. the best team in the country

Final stats read

Shots - 4 - 24
Possession - 34 - 66 (it was alrady this in the first half so 10-men or not - no difference)
Passess - 329 - 656

We were completely and utterly outplayed, penalty or not - and eventhough we could have expected a loss, I would have been pleased to see some kind of effort or at least a close game - it was nothing of the sorts and I believe some of the team selection should take the blame again, much like we did against Woolwich. Sig, Bentaleb and Lennon were ghosts.

I don't give a fuck what Les thinks of defensive mids - if we want to start winning against teams higher than 14th on the table - Timmy and his buffoon friend on the side need to shuffle it up and display some kind of tactical awareness, because this Arry bullshit of man-management / positive thoughts and letting players do what they want can only last so many games and we will be be found out even more in the closing stages

But that game has happened and we need to move on from this result. Fergie used to say how responding after a bad loss is just as important so Hull is a massive test for our resolve

COYS

:soldadowatch:

Last edited:
yep. i think the team tim will put out might be something like this

Lloris
Walker - Dawson - Vertonghen - Rose
Sandro
Lennon - Bentaleb - Dembele - Eriksen
Adebayor

Daws.. the passion! Love it but.... Citeh... noooo! Aguero/Dzeko/Negredo must LOL when he sees he is up against Daws. Love the main.. proper Spurs, but Vlad and Verts for me. :dawsonmean:

I mean, if that red card gets rescinded who gives a fuck? I mean the damage is already done and the FA are basically saying "chin up boys, you can have Rose back to play Hull at home, nevermind the fact you had a man sent off and a penalty given against you in a game against the best team in the league when you were starting to look on top whilst you were only 0-1 down. It's not like this game could affect the league in anyway shape or form". Times like this you just wish we had so much more technology in football. Decisions can cost teams millions and millions of pounds yet we are just told it's part of the game and it all evens itself out etc etc. Nevermind when a player actually tries to cheat and fails (Fernandinho) nothing actually happens. Times like this I really hate football.

Also on another note, is anyone else sick to death of BT's football coverage, it is worse than ITV! First off they didn't give any sort of decent angle on the offside call till half time and when they were showing the replay of the red card challenge they had that stupid box with the ref and players in blocking the tackle and don't get me fucking started on the two man cliche machine that is the commentary team. "Well, Spurs may argue that it could have been a different game if Dawson's goal wasn't disallowed but you can't argue when the scoreline says 5-1" - well actually, you can as that wasn't the real turning point of the game you fucking twat.

Sorry, I needed a rant!

Imo we really haven't improved under Sherwood at all, the team has benefited from Adebayor coming in with a point to prove and Rose offering better balance at left back. We've played a few teams at very favourable times as well (Stoke, Utd, Swansea). But aside from that we are now starting games with no idea what the plan is. If we can make to half time then we seem to sort ourselves out.

We were battered again in the first half today, which is no great surprise as Crystal Palace did the same. Defensively we were chasing shadows with no shape to the team and offensively we barely completed a pass. There's no way watching that game you would believe that we actually had the extra man in midfield. The Bentaleb experiment has to end now, the boy doesn't actually fill any role within the team.

The match seemed very similar to the Liverpool home game, after that game all every went on about was the players heads going down and the lack of fight - that was all still evident today.......it probably doesn't actually mean all that much, it's just difficult to keep a spirited tempo to your play for nearly half a game with 10 men against a really in form team.

the last time we conceded 5 at home we sacked the man in charged the following morning. On that basis, I'm fully expecting, and hoping, to see van gaal in charge for this weekends game at Hull

Pack it in. When they were leading us 1-0 we scored a clearly ONSIDE goal through Dawson which should of took us to 1-1. Then, we had a man sent off for a clean tackle, and then went 2-0 down. A draw was not out of the question.

Please :avbfu::vdvshh: this is Manchester City. It doesn't help when we get joke decisions given against us.

I this some sort of joke. This is the first game we've lost in the PL since Tim took over.

Fuck me, It's like people have never seen us lose before. It wasn't great, but playing a half with 10 men, against City, with their current form, it was only going to go one way.

On to Hull. 3 points. Happy days.

This place will be ridiculous / hilarious if we lose, however.

Back
Top Bottom