Tottenham Hotspur FC - Man City Mercenaries

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

November 11th. 1-0 loss to Sunderland.

i-want-to-believe.jpg

People think Bentaleb is not ready for this game (on the back of 7 or 8 games on the spin) and playing well.....fair enough, he's young, and City are strong as fuck.

But on that basis, why do those same people think this is the game to bring Lamela into the side?

:lennon:

If Bentaleb is dropped, it surely has to be Sandro, Dembele and Capoue in the middle, with Dembele furthest forward.

Lennon, Eriksen and Ade the front three.

The "biggest test of Sherwoods reign", and Lamela should be thrown to wolves, on the back of a couple EL games, three months ago, and an injury??

:lamelashock:

(and by wolves, I mean Spurs fans)

It's a good point but I would say that it would be far more damaging if one of our central midfielders went missing in this game than it would if a winger did. Not saying we can afford any liabilities but I think it's more crucial in these kind of games that the midfield is on its game. Having said that I wouldn't pick lamela for this game myself

can't believe people are thinking about Woolwich before us. I want Spurs to draw or win as it would benefit us. Woolwich will drop points throughout Feb so i couldn't give a fuck if they go 4 points clear on Wednesday.

Fuck manchester shitty. Horrible little club with fickle fans. Notice they only take small allocations away....Swansea was an example. Lets just beat them. A draw won't be a disaster but I too think we can do them.

can't believe people are thinking about Woolwich before us. I want Spurs to draw or win as it would benefit us. Woolwich will drop points throughout Feb so i couldn't give a fuck if they go 4 points clear on Wednesday.

I'm sure we all favor the win, but the consolation is no insignificant write-off. That's all people are saying. I don't think anyone is hoping for a result that would damage Arse more than benefit us.

Anyone thinking about starting bentaleb need to get a grip.Yaya tourre will floss his teeth with him while Aguerro and Negredo will leave Dawson crying in the fetal position. Oh yeah and theres that ****** who loves to score against us Dzeko.
If it is possible I hope Vertonghen can be slotted back into our central defence in time.Sandro to shield the back 4 (or second best alternative Capoue), Dembele to dribble forward. Eriksen on the left, sigurdsson as a no 10 and lennon on the right.I think eriksen has been getting more space out wide that as a no 10.

Walker Vertonghen Chiriches Rose
-----------Dembele----Sandro-------
Lennon---Sigurdsson-------Eriksen
------------Adebayor---------------------

Anyone thinking about starting bentaleb need to get a grip.Yaya tourre will floss his teeth with him while Aguerro and Negredo will leave Dawson crying in the fetal position. Oh yeah and theres that ****** who loves to score against us Dzeko.
If it is possible I hope Vertonghen can be slotted back into our central defence in time.Sandro to shield the back 4 (or second best alternative Capoue), Dembele to dribble forward. Eriksen on the left, sigurdsson as a no 10 and lennon on the right.I think eriksen has been getting more space out wide that as a no 10.

Siggurdsson? Reasons?

Siggurdson is a useless No 10. Not a bad winger, but he is absolutely dreadful there in the middle. Doesn't have the pace to support the striker and doesn't have the dribbling ability to provide the opportunities to create space for incisive passes. He will get mauled more than Bentaleb.

I'd like to see Sandro alongside Dembele in the middle, with Eriksen playing his favored role in the No 10 and Townsend out left. Regardless, the most essential change to the starting lineup for me has to be the utilization of a fit Sandro who I hope will use the next eight days optimally. He could be the difference.

Last edited:
Glad for the ten day rest. Hopefully we can get healthier and Sherwood can keep implementing more of his ideas on the training pitch.

Lloris
Walker Chiriches Vertonghen Rose
Sandro
Bentaleb Dembele
Lennon Adebayor Eriksen
I would be happy with a draw
Same team as against Swansea. However, I could see Sandro replacing Bentaleb only . Townsend will feature at some point. 4-3-3 although it was really 4-4-1-1 or it could have been 4-5-1?who knows. For the first goal. On Sunday , Lennon and Eriksen were both on the right? Parker/walker have improved with Parker now firing on all cylinders. Dem/Ben/Len and chad were quiet against Swansea so due a good'n against City. Oh Soldado may start , if not will feature also. Posative vibes.

Glad for the ten day rest. Hopefully we can get healthier and Sherwood can keep implementing more of his ideas on the training pitch.

Agreed. If we can get Sandro up to match fitness while they're wearing their legs out with two games, I think our chances improve dramatically vs a given date on equal rest and with healthy squads.

Agreed. If we can get Sandro up to match fitness while they're wearing their legs out with two games, I think our chances improve dramatically vs a given date on equal rest and with healthy squads.

One of those games is the second leg where they are up 6-0 and the other is against Watford. I don't think they'll risk too much. I just think it's good for us as a squad. A little rest and recovery is exactly what we need and not something we're really going to have for the rest of the season.

One of those games is the second leg where they are up 6-0 and the other is against Watford. I don't think they'll risk too much. I just think it's good for us as a squad. A little rest and recovery is exactly what we need and not something we're really going to have for the rest of the season.

While I agree on the second part, two games in ten days regardless of opposition is no joke. No managers field less than decent sides in domestic cups these days, and especially not first year managers. Those ten days will be very valuable to us indeed, but those two games also certainly serve to work in our favor.

People think Bentaleb is not ready for this game (on the back of 7 or 8 games on the spin) and playing well.....fair enough, he's young, and City are strong as fuck.

But on that basis, why do those same people think this is the game to bring Lamela into the side?

:lennon:

If Bentaleb is dropped, it surely has to be Sandro, Dembele and Capoue in the middle, with Dembele furthest forward.

Lennon, Eriksen and Ade the front three.

The "biggest test of Sherwoods reign", and Lamela should be thrown to wolves, on the back of a couple EL games, three months ago, and an injury??

:lamelashock:

(and by wolves, I mean Spurs fans)

Until i saw that last part i thought you were talking about wolverhampton

I know its a lot to ask for, but if we beat City, and Liverpool Vs. Everton draw, we will be in the fourth spot.
Not to mention the Gooners have to go to Southampton which shouldn't be easy.
IF! If everything goes to plan:

Chelsea: 52pts
Woolwich: 52pts
City: 50pts
Spurs: 46pts
Liverpool: 44pts
Everton: 43pts

Chances of this happening are slim, but to pull closer to Woolwich and City, and to make those Top 3 really close, can only benefit us.
Not to mention the next fixture Chelsea play City, we could again pull a lot closer to the top 3.
We really need Woolwich to draw at Southampton, as the next fixture City or Chelsea will drop points and we don't want them clear!

EDIT:

Hahahaha! Just realised it translates the Gooners to Woolwich, brilliant!
:adelol:

Back
Top Bottom