Tottenham Hotspur FC - Man City Mercenaries

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The system we played yesterday is the system we need for the Man City game.

This is one of the few occasions at home where tims 4-4-2 is a no no.
I wonder If he played it yesterday at Swansea as a test run for Man City.

Confidence is very high and we can get something out of this game..

.............................................Lloris

Walker..............Vertonghen..............Vlad...................Rose

Lennon...........Sandro..................Dembele................Eriksen

........................................Paulinho

..........................................Ade

I would never be able to understand the logic if TS put Verto at LB. There's no sense in it.

I would be like a club signing a young, skillful winger for £30+ million and never playing him....

The rousing chorus of boo's will spur our team onto bigger and better things!

:dawsonlol:

For what it's worth I reckon it'll be 4-2 to us. I'm going to chuck on a couple quid tonight.

7-4.

Adebayor scores 7. Runs to the Emirates and knee slides, lifts up his top showing "9 years no trophy" then shits on Wengers seat and rubs his balls on his shit coat.

I am putting a couple of quid on it.

Got evens

Gentlemen (and ladies) this has nothing to do with Sherwood, but everything to do with having by far the weakest left side of any team within the top seven. It is the direct cause of everything that happened today. I'm hoping that this loss is perfect timing, and that we go all out to get the Ukrainian kid. I'm so filthy sick of watching glaring single spot weaknesses in our side preventing us from reaching our ambitions.

Exactly I dont get the meltdown, we'd have lost even with the disgusting decisions - not Tim's fault Man City are carving through every team they face, we have no devine right to beat them at white hart lane, everyone needs to face it they are a great side!

You are allowed to put up a bit of a fight and pick a team that isn't going to be carved open so easily.

Bentaleb and Sigurdsson were both poor selections.

We were totally and utterly out played tonight, regardless of decisions going against us we were utter gash. We had 10 days to prepare for this game, what the fuck did we do with those 10 days?...........oh that's right give everyone time off! What a fucking great decision that turned out to be. Sherwood moaned earlier that when he took over he hadn't had time to work on the training field as the games were comming thick and fast, so when he gets that chance to actually work with the team he gives them time off!
Can anyone actually tell me what our game plan was tonight? I would have gladly played for a point tonight, put 10 men behind the ball and lock them out, but clearly that wasn't how we set up. We certainly didn't set up to go toe to toe either, we had THREE attempts on goal!
I think Sherwood is playing poker with my Tottenham.

Last edited:
Playing Man City is difficult.

Playing them without Sandro, Jan, Paulinho and without having the options of Andros or Lamela is even more so.

Playing them with 10 men and being 2-0 down is a rubix cube on steroids level of difficulty.

Nail on head. Some of the posts on here are plain embarrassing. We are playing in a 36,000 stadium without oil money. It's that simple you thick fuckwits. I remember when we was mid table shite (True mid table - not what some of you plastics talk about nowadays) and im only 22.

Truly pathetic some of our "Fans" meltdowns after we lose.

See you all soon whoever is going to Dagenham, can't wait for a real football day out experience. These 1882/U21 games are fast becoming more enjoyable than the "Real thing"..

:memeokay:

Beat by the team that will win the league and perhaps more. No big deal. Few decisions made the score line worse that perhaps it would have been.

Yeah performance was poor, however we are exactly where we should be in the league. Fighting for 4th against the likes of Liverpool, Everton and Untied.

Each game is 3 points, Hull next. Hopefully a win.

Back
Top Bottom