Tottenham Hotspur FC - Man City Mercenaries

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Kabooooom is fit id have him ahead of Vlad simply for his pace. Vlad is a great backup for us though when JV is out.
Even is Kaboul was fully fit right now and ready to go, Vlad still has his place. Don't get me wrong, he scares the hell out of me at times, but he's earned his place and has been a rock in the back. Honestly, Dawson is a bigger concern for me as he's just too damn slow that even his positioning just doesn't help him enough.

Everyone healthy, Vlad and Verts are my picks.

Not disputing Vlad is a cracker of a player, but I just think hes got a cock up in his locker waiting to pop out every now and then! Maybe im remembering Kabooom with rose tinted glasses but I remember him being a solid, fast and strong in the air centreback... he's gotta be fully fit and have all those attributes still to be ahead of Vlad.

Not disputing Vlad is a cracker of a player, but I just think hes got a cock up in his locker waiting to pop out every now and then! Maybe im remembering Kabooom with rose tinted glasses but I remember him being a solid, fast and strong in the air centreback... he's gotta be fully fit and have all those attributes still to be ahead of Vlad.
No, you're remembering him correctly, that's for sure. He is a strong, fast presence at the back and I think he deserves to fight for his place back, but he's been on the sidelines it seems like for so long that it would take a while for him to steal that place back again. I'm excited for him to hopefully make his way back again, but he'll have to do a lot to take over Vlad, at least for me. Yes, he does appear like he's going to make the howler now and then, but I think that this is his start at being one of the best backs in the league.

Just read that it looks like negredo won't be fit to play against us :dude:

Aguero had to play 90 mins yesterday and pellegrini said he was only supposed to play 60.

It's all set up for another dzeko goal bonanza isn't it?
:memeokay:

Just read that it looks like negredo won't be fit to play against us :dude:

Aguero had to play 90 mins yesterday and pellegrini said he was only supposed to play 60.

It's all set up for another dzeko goal bonanza isn't it?
:memeokay:
Fuck me, bad memories. Remember the city fans all singing "boring boring city". Lol. Cunts

I think one of the best ways to stop the scoring is to go attacking against them.

Shut up shop and they will camp on our box until they make a breakthrough, at which point we will have no means to retaliate.

Go at them - and we push them back up the field, get a foothold in the game. Injury permitting I would play
Exactamundo .... I have always been a firm advocate of best form of defence is attack - if we've got the ball, then they can't score - simples!

I'm looking forward to this one quite a bit. Our fellas have newfound confidence and seem to be back enjoying the game, and I think they'll express that even more in this one than your typical home match because this match has less pressure than say West Brom or Palace. Is a good litmus test for the difference between the direction under AVB and the adjustments made by Sherwood. Should be studying during that time slot, but an emphatic "to hell with that."

Dzeko loves scoring against us, maybe it's not such a good thing Negredo's injured :defoe:

Didn't do much on his last trip to the Lane :dwi:

Here's how this match is gonna play out:

- Take kick off
- Pass it back to defence
- Pass it back to Lloris
- Lloris fluffs his kick, gifting possession to the opposition
- Lloris makes a terrific save but the ball falls to Navas
- Navas somehow fluffs his shot so badly that it loops all the way into Joe Hart's net.
- Spurs hold out for a hard worked 1-0 win.

Fin.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom