Tottenham Hotspur FC - Man City Mercenaries

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Says the guy who never misses a chance to quote my posts and start a row. Pot kettle black.
you make 100s of posts a day, I only comment on the ones where you either say something worthwhile, or something risible. As an overall %age, its pretty few and far between. If you post something as daft as that, you should expect feedback.
Your continual harranguing of posters is what got you banned permanently from Glory Glory - yet here you are accusing other people of point scoring.
You are responsible for what you say - if you say something contentious, its not unreasonable to get feedback, positive or negative. As a complete attention whore its all good to you, no?

you make 100s of posts a day, I only comment on the ones where you either say something worthwhile, or something risible. As an overall %age, its pretty few and far between. If you post something as daft as that, you should expect feedback.
Your continual harranguing of posters is what got you banned permanently from Glory Glory - yet here you are accusing other people of point scoring.
You are responsible for what you say - if you say something contentious, its not unreasonable to get feedback, positive or negative. As a complete attention whore its all good to you, no?
Receiving 'feedback' from you is the equivalent of eating from a rat-infested garbage bin - but keep giving it old bean, go and change the world one poster at time. I really care what you think of me, you know.

r.e. GG - You were also 10 points from banned but didn't have the balls to tell the Mods how you really feel and ran away like a coward - still remember your pathetic farewell post which subsequently became running joke of the month - at least my last set of points were to tell those PC biggots what I really thought rather than run away. It's all there black in white

Darren Anderton feels Tottenham will challenge for top-four finish
By Simon Wilkes | Last Updated: 24/01/14 12:08pm

Darren Anderton thinks Tottenham can finish in the top four this season as they have a "very strong squad".

Spurs have been in fine form since Tim Sherwood replaced the sacked Andre Villas-Boas, winning five of their last six Premier League games to move level on 43 points with fourth-placed Liverpool.

They were knocked out of the FA Cup by London rivals Woolwich in the third round, but responded by securing back-to-back league wins over Crystal Palace and Swansea.

Emmanuel Adebayor, who was frozen out of the first-team picture during Villas-Boas' reign, has spearheaded Spurs' revival since Sherwood recalled him to the forward line, scoring five goals in his last eight starts.

Jermain Defoe has agreed a deal with Toronto FC and will officially join them at the end of February.

And Anderton feels Spurs will be well placed for a top-four finish if they add a new central defender and striker to their squad during this month's window.

The former England and Tottenham winger told Sky Sports: "When it comes down to it, it's all about the squad - and Spurs have got a very strong squad with lots of talent and lots of quality players.

"There's a new buzz about the place, there's lot of positivity - and they're playing good football.

"Of course Emmanuel Adebayor has come back in - that was a masterstroke by Tim (Sherwood) to get him back on board and playing well. At the moment they look like a very good team."

Spurs were active in the summer transfer window, selling Wales winger Gareth Bale to Real Madrid and buying the likes of Paulinho, Roberto Soldado, Erik Lamela and Christian Eriksen.

Anderton added: "It's all about maintaining what they've got, really. Maybe they could do with another centre-back and maybe another centre-forward.

"Jermain going was a disappointment for me as he's a player I've always liked - but fair play to him, he's gone for a fresh challenge.

"If Adebayor or Soldado pick up injuries, they could be struggling for goals."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...-tottenham-will-challenge-for-top-four-finish

"If Adebayor or Soldado pick up injuries, they could be struggling for goals." DA
….and a decent penalty taker.

Other teams will help us out. Man U will come good with mata and take points of teams above us, I'm sure.

Last edited:
That is not the most important part - rather your personal opinion. I've also now tried to explain the same on my part. I don't expect you to agree, nor am I particularly bothered if you don't or which FM experts 'agreed' with your post on the Internet. And since we're going in circles - not sure what you're aiming to achieve. Just fyi - Vertonghen play as LB for Belgium because he knows it's either that or bench - I see no problem with him helping out the club that actually pays his SALARY every few games or so - not a permanent arrangement - just the odd once-off
I've never played that game in my life sooooo...... :avbfu:

Receiving 'feedback' from you is the equivalent of eating from a rat-infested garbage bin - but keep giving it old bean, go and change the world one poster at time. I really care what you think of me, you know.

r.e. GG - You were also 10 points from banned but didn't have the balls to tell the Mods how you really feel and ran away like a coward - still remember your pathetic farewell post which subsequently became running joke of the month - at least my last set of points were to tell those PC biggots what I really thought rather than run away. It's all there black in white
err no
and I sent a PM to all of the mods and had a dialogue with them why I felt their moderation was spoiling the place. I am prepared to conduct myself like an adult, and deal with issues at an appropriate level.
Only one g in bigot by the way
Ran away like a coward, yep thats me - spineless and not prepared to speak my mind. Nailed it in one.

Last edited:
"If Adebayor or Soldado pick up injuries, they could be struggling for goals." DA
….and a decent penalty taker.

Other teams will help us out. Man U will come good with matter and take points of teams above us, I'm sure.
All teams around us will drop points - I think the major point for us would be to improve our form at home which has been very poor lately - the point Ade brought up about no booing and expectations at away games was immense. Hope we can move on from that and finish strongly

th
th

R Abbot - comedian………………………..Joe Hart - comedian?

My head says City win but my heart tells me, Hart makes some errors. Soldado comes good, Ade scores a hat rick. Back four have best game of season. A bit of luck, we take our chances, the crowd play a blinder. we win 3-2.

If everyone is fit I think the team should be:

916878_Tottenham_Hotspur.jpg

I like, I like very much me ol'namesake!!
...and call me old fashioned... but I can't help but read that line-up as if Ade is in goal, behind a back three of Eriksen-Pualinho-Lennon, whilst Lloris is spearheading the forward line as a lone striker, ahead of our cautious 2-pronged attacking fulcrum of Verts & Chiriches!!

It's surely not just me who thinks the GK should be at the top, is it??

If everyone is fit I think the team should be:

916878_Tottenham_Hotspur.jpg

.............................................Lloris

Walker..............Vertonghen..............Vlad...................Rose

Lennon...........Sandro..................Dembele................Eriksen

........................................Paulinho

..........................................Ade

sammyspurs Yesterday at 6:01 PM

Sorry.......did I just get in a time machine and wake up on page 10?

:llorisserious:

I like, I like very much me ol'namesake!!
...and call me old fashioned... but I can't help but read that line-up as if Ade is in goal, behind a back three of Eriksen-Pualinho-Lennon, whilst Lloris is spearheading the forward line as a lone striker, ahead of our cautious 2-pronged attacking fulcrum of Verts & Chiriches!!

It's surely not just me who thinks the GK should be at the top, is it??
Up is optimistic and down is pessimistic?

Back
Top Bottom