Tottenham Hotspur FC - Man City Mercenaries

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well yeah, he was clearly hurt, I imagine that Bentaleb would've come off instead of Dembele if he wan;t. I agree that he should not have started. But an adjustment is an adjustment, we'll have to wonder if it would've have worked since it all went out the window 5 minutes later.

Hoping that one of Paulinho or Sandro are fit by Saturday. Bentaleb has looked good in his utility cameos, but he shouldn't even be on the bench with a healthy central midfield.

the last time we conceded 5 at home we sacked the man in charged the following morning. On that basis, I'm fully expecting, and hoping, to see van gaal in charge for this weekends game at Hull

Imo we really haven't improved under Sherwood at all, the team has benefited from Adebayor coming in with a point to prove and Rose offering better balance at left back. We've played a few teams at very favourable times as well (Stoke, Utd, Swansea). But aside from that we are now starting games with no idea what the plan is. If we can make to half time then we seem to sort ourselves out.

We were battered again in the first half today, which is no great surprise as Crystal Palace did the same. Defensively we were chasing shadows with no shape to the team and offensively we barely completed a pass. There's no way watching that game you would believe that we actually had the extra man in midfield. The Bentaleb experiment has to end now, the boy doesn't actually fill any role within the team.

The match seemed very similar to the Liverpool home game, after that game all every went on about was the players heads going down and the lack of fight - that was all still evident today.......it probably doesn't actually mean all that much, it's just difficult to keep a spirited tempo to your play for nearly half a game with 10 men against a really in form team.

the last time we conceded 5 at home we sacked the man in charged the following morning. On that basis, I'm fully expecting, and hoping, to see van gaal in charge for this weekends game at Hull

Pack it in. When they were leading us 1-0 we scored a clearly ONSIDE goal through Dawson which should of took us to 1-1. Then, we had a man sent off for a clean tackle, and then went 2-0 down. A draw was not out of the question.

Please :avbfu::vdvshh: this is Manchester City. It doesn't help when we get joke decisions given against us.

Imo we really haven't improved under Sherwood at all, the team has benefited from Adebayor coming in with a point to prove and Rose offering better balance at left back. We've played a few teams at very favourable times as well (Stoke, Utd, Swansea). But aside from that we are now starting games with no idea what the plan is. If we can make to half time then we seem to sort ourselves out.

We were battered again in the first half today, which is no great surprise as Crystal Palace did the same. Defensively we were chasing shadows with no shape to the team and offensively we barely completed a pass. There's no way watching that game you would believe that we actually had the extra man in midfield. The Bentaleb experiment has to end now, the boy doesn't actually fill any role within the team.

The match seemed very similar to the Liverpool home game, after that game all every went on about was the players heads going down and the lack of fight - that was all still evident today.......it probably doesn't actually mean all that much, it's just difficult to keep a spirited tempo to your play for nearly half a game with 10 men against a really in form team.
jesus christ. we've clearly improved under him. saying otherwise is just plain retarded. United were in their best form of the season when we played them so I;d hardly call it a favourable time to play them.

for what it's worth i don't think bentaleb should have started unless he started with capoue.

cheers for posting the biggest load of shite ive ever read online.

Pack it in. When they were leading us 1-0 we scored a clearly ONSIDE goal through Dawson which should of took us to 1-1. Then, we had a man sent off for a clean tackle, and then went 2-0 down. A draw was not out of the question.

Please :avbfu::vdvshh: this is Manchester City. It doesn't help when we get joke decisions given against us.

Exactly I dont get the meltdown, we'd have lost even with the disgusting decisions - not Tim's fault Man City are carving through every team they face, we have no devine right to beat them at white hart lane, everyone needs to face it they are a great side!

Yeah, okay. We only played Manchester City with 10 men for a half, when it was only 1-0 till the 60th (I think)

:goonermong::goonermong::goonermong::goonermong::goonermong::goonermong::goonermong::goonermong::goonermong::goonermong::goonermong::goonermong::goonermong::goonermong:

*** Yawn - Anti Sherwood agenda ***

I don't disagree, but I think it's difficult to hold Weasel 100% responsible because of both who the opposition were and the red card decision. If anything the latter has done him a favour and he will likely be able to avoid critical assessment because of this result.

That said, I was saying before now that that Sherwood's real test would be how he performs against the top sides. I don't think today needed to be a drubbing, even with ten men, if the post sending off formation was sufficiently built to defend. That's probably where he failed today and where his inexperience began to show. So far Weasel has only managed wins against lower sides. Otherwise it's losses and cup exits. So ultimately I don't think he's the second coming people thought he was, but is just proving to be average, just in different ways to AVB.

I'll be interested to see how we perform against the rest of the top four contenders as we get to the business end of the season. But right now I don't think Weasel has what it takes to get us top four - or maybe even Europe. Still, at least that means a proper manager in the summer if that happens.

Back
Top Bottom