Tottenham Hotspur FC - Man City Mercenaries

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd have all four back... well, maybe not Kaboul... but seeing as, percentages would tell you that all four WON'T walk straight back into a game of this magnitude... I'll 'just' have to settle for Jan & Sandro!

So - assuming all 4 would be available on Sunday, this would be my choice

[formation="4123, Lloris, Walker, Chiriches, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Sandro, Paulinho, Dembele, Lennon, Bad Ade, Eriksen"][/formation]

Serious players returning, last year in the Paxton Rd (7 magic minutes) and last time we played them midweek didn't Mark Hughes get sacked? Quietly confident despite all the odds.

Younes Kaboul, Paulinho, Sandro and Jan Vertonghen all returned to action as Tottenham beat West Ham in a behind-closed-doors friendly on Thursday.

The four players have missed 26 Premier League matches between them since the start of December, as new manager Tim Sherwood has been forced to shuffle his pack in the middle of defence and midfield.

But they were all back on the pitch against the Hammers, with Sandro - out since the 5-0 defeat against Liverpool which prompted Andre Villas-Boas' sacking - playing the first half.

Paulinho, who last featured for Spurs against Stoke on December 29, played for an hour and was on the scoresheet in a 3-0 win.

Kaboul, who has not played since Manchester City beat the north Londoners 6-0 in November, and Vertonghen, missing since December 4, also played 60 minutes as they stepped up their recovery.

Young striker Harry Kane completed the scoring with a double.

Is it odd that when we play good teams we're far more optimistic than when we play lower teams? Like, loving the thoughts of everyone thinking we'll win but if it was a lower team we'd be suggesting "soldado 69' (pen)" just gotta love being a spurs fan. As for me, i think playing on the counter will be our best bet and our defence will need to stand up, unlike last time

Must be rose, he's there for a reason. Do we play kaboul, vlad or dawson next to verts? (Assuming he starts of course)

My votes with Vlad, he's done a lot to justify his place in the team. Kaboul could come back in eventually but he wasn't exactly the kaboul of old when he was fit so for me he should play in the reserves till he has his mojo back.

I would never be able to understand the logic if TS put Verto at LB. There's no sense in it.

I would be like a club signing a young, skillful winger for £30+ million and never playing him....

Back
Top Bottom