Tottenham Hotspur FC - Man City Mercenaries

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Feels like alot of faith has been restored

You clearly haven't been on an OMT, 2 hours after a game then Sunshine!

Yeah there are still unrealistic people out there thats for sure, in reality we are just in a complete dogfight for 4th place which will be harder than ever, but I have every faith we can do it - anything above that, forget it this season

I am just saying it seems before it was 200 different formations on the OMT's, expectations all over the place, massive arguments, it seems there is more consensus now with the only really outstanding issue ruddy Lamela!

Lloris
Walker - Dawson - Vlad - Rose
-----------Sandro/Capoue
Lennon - Bentaleb - Dembele - Eriksen
----------------------Ade

Bench: Friedel, Soldado, Lamela, Vertonghen, Paulinho, Townsend, Capoue/Sandro.

I wouldn't mind bringing in Townsend for Chadli. Then Adebayor, Eriksen, and Lennon retain their spots. Really play to beat City on the break with pace. You can beat their back line with speed.

Pointless to speculate on the other seven spots. The status of Sandro, Paulinho, and Vertonghen is just so vague.

Lloris
Walker - Dawson - Vlad - Rose
-----------Sandro/Capoue
Lennon - Bentaleb - Dembele - Eriksen
----------------------Ade

Bench: Friedel, Soldado, Lamela, Vertonghen, Paulinho, Townsend, Capoue/Sandro.
This looks pretty good...
It's very reliant on Eriksen I think though, as Lennon won't be on the score sheet... (Hope he proves me wrong)
:lennon:

This looks pretty good...
It's very reliant on Eriksen I think though, as Lennon won't be on the score sheet... (Hope he proves me wrong)
:lennon:

I'm more worried about stopping City scoring rather than us scoring. We cannot win in a shoot out, we can win a 1-0 or a 2-1 game. I can see Ade having another great game and between him and Eriksen I think there is a goal or two. Then we hope we can stop them. If we need attackers off the bench, I included Lamela, Soldado, Townsend, Paulinho. All very different options for whatever circumstance.

If Dawson is starting this game then it is a no brainer, do not put him in 1 vs 1 situations with Aguero or Negredo.They will leave him sitting on his arse .If Vertonghen is back I suppose we can be a bit more liberal in midfield and start bentaleb. Otherwise we start a natural DM to shield the back 4 (Sandro or Capoue). Whatever formation as long as it incorporates Adebayor and Eriksen.

Big game, big performance. Normally it would be up to the key players to perform. But against City, all 11 will need to be up for it. I have this inner belief that we will perform and win this. They are due a poor performance day coupled with us playing like possessed demons, it 's possible. For sure TS will wind the players up for this.

I'm more worried about stopping City scoring rather than us scoring. We cannot win in a shoot out, we can win a 1-0 or a 2-1 game. I can see Ade having another great game and between him and Eriksen I think there is a goal or two. Then we hope we can stop them. If we need attackers off the bench, I included Lamela, Soldado, Townsend, Paulinho. All very different options for whatever circumstance.

I think one of the best ways to stop the scoring is to go attacking against them.

Shut up shop and they will camp on our box until they make a breakthrough, at which point we will have no means to retaliate.

Go at them - and we push them back up the field, get a foothold in the game. Injury permitting I would play

............................Lloris
Walker.....Dawson.....Chirches....Rose
..................Dembele....Sandro
Lennon..............Eriksen...........Townsend
.........................Adebayor

Lennon and Townsends pace will give them plenty to worry about, Ade can occupy defenders and Dembele can create space for Eriksen to exploit. Its still a solid shape and selection as well. Dembele and Sandro have proven to be a formidable CM, Lennon works excellently in defence, Eriksen and Ade can drop in and provide numbers...

Back
Top Bottom