Tottenham Hotspur FC - Man City Mercenaries

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lloris
Walker-Chiriches-Vertonghen-Rose
Sandro
Dembele Paulinho
Lamela Ade Eriksen

I'd be tempted to go Dembele OR Paulinho alongside Sandro, to free up an extra attacking space (for Soldado)... Lennon will most definitely retain his place ahead of Lamela... but otherwise, I'm all for FULL STRENGTH for this one!

We need to go for at least a draw, if not a win if we wanna be taken seriously in the ALLIMPORTANTNOTHINGELSEMATTERSRACEFORACHAMPIONSLEAGUEPLACE...

...and only IF we lose, can we mildly console ourselves on the way home that perhaps it'll wind the Gooners up a bit that WE couldn't do THEM a favour!

Vertonghen in. Sandro in. Dawson out, Bentaleb out. + Hope that we don’t concede after 14 seconds / Ade doesnt get sent off.

Chadli may reek of mediocrity but will offer much more physically / defensively than Townsend or Siggy and is a beast in the air. Developing Lamela can wait for another day.

Reminder to the players that as good as City are at home they have dropped points on the road this season at Villa, Stoke, Sunderland, Cardiff.

That is all.

Last edited:
Vertonghen in. Sandro in. Dawson out, Bentaleb out. + Hope that we don’t concede after 14 seconds / Ade doesnt get sent off.

Chadli may reek of mediocrity but will offer much more physically / defensively than Townsend or Siggy and is a beast in the air.

Reminder to the players that a good as City are at home they have dropped points on the road this season at Villa, Stoke, Sunderland, Cardiff.

That is all.
I think we will come out hard for this one and pick our strongest team, the unknown element is city. At 100% they can thrash Chelsea and the Arse home or away and will do likewise if they are able to hit form early. As you say they they are unpredictable away from home and that is the factor in our favour. Sandro, Dembele and Paulinho would add a lot of power to the line up if choosen and would make it hard for them to easily break us down, I would pick a front three of Ade, Lennon and Eriksen as each offers their own distinct threat. I hope Verts and Vlad are played together, my one concern is Rose, he reminds me of Walker two seasons ago as he can switch off at any moment.

I'd be surprised if we chuck any new signings straight into the team against City!

Especially 5 of them. I just needed to screencap this.

Txq0lqs.png

I think we will come out hard for this one and pick our strongest team, the unknown element is city. At 100% they can thrash Chelsea and the Arse home or away and will do likewise if they are able to hit form early. As you say they they are unpredictable away from home and that is the factor in our favour. Sandro, Dembele and Paulinho would add a lot of power to the line up if choosen and would make it hard for them to easily break us down, I would pick a front three of Ade, Lennon and Eriksen as each offers their own distinct threat. I hope Verts and Vlad are played together, my one concern is Rose, he reminds me of Walker two seasons ago as he can switch off at any moment.

If we're to play with one striker then Eriksen's got to play in the hole. He's the only one that knows how to support the striker with runs and awareness and yet feed the rest of the team. With two strikers, he works out wide since the back line is more spread out in their marks to allow him more space. But with only Ade (or Soldado), we've got to keep that massive element of creativity in the middle. It should also be noted that from this very position Eriksen held a clinic for City in Amsterdam last year.

If we're to play with one striker then Eriksen's got to play in the hole.....

Somebody unleash Mick.... quick!

media_httpwwwoffthepo_nHEGu.gif

EDIT: ...wow, 13...14 15 16 17 make that 18 'funnys' and counting... this is fast becoming the most amusing thing I have ever posted... and it's not even MINE!

Last edited:
i dont know if im right but u guys keep posting 4-3-3 formations but they never happen

No, but what is fully expected is a three-man central midfield against a midfield of City's quality. So regardless if it's a 4-2-3-1, 4-5-1, or a 4-3-3 specifically is irrelevant as they all almost entirely function the same.

No, but what is fully expected is a three-man central midfield against a midfield of City's quality. So regardless if it's a 4-2-3-1, 4-5-1, or a 4-3-3 specifically is irrelevant as they all almost entirely function the same.
The only thing that holds true is 4 at the back. The rest is all of a bit of a muchness.

Anyway as we've got the mancs coming down next week here's a collection of oasis videos being brilliantly panned by by Manchester's greatest contrarion Noel Gallagher

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom