Tottenham Hotspur - Hull Tigers (Capital One Cup) - Block J 1945KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I see what you're both saying, but football songs don't actually have to match up exactly to the songs they are based on. I'd prefer the 'proper' version to be sung, but if it makes it easier for it to catch on as a chant with non-1882ers then it might be better just to repeat the same line over and over. Plus then you don't have different people thinking we're at different points in the song and singing different things over one another.

I WANT IT EXACT OR I'M NOT PLAYING.

I see what you're both saying, but football songs don't actually have to match up exactly to the songs they are based on..

I agree, but it's more the fact that at the moment, the song is quite literally just the same 4 second line over and over again!

Love the fact we've finally got ourselves an original song though!

I know it doesn't have to match up exactly but I think the slight variety that the original song gives would make it a song that's easier to sing for longer.

It's not like AVB's Blue & White Army (Yids), where you there are three bits of the chant and people keep switching between them (eventually just shouting Yids) - it's just one line that everyone can sing over and over. Has potential but the reason the Eriksen song is quality is that it's a full chorus that you can get into.

Just re-watched the highlights, nearly forgot about the hull fans shouting handball everytime we passed the ball. In fact they only stopped shouting it when we passed the ball.......................into their goal. :baletroll:

There were Hull fans there?

yah, they were in pretty reasonable voice most of the time (except the one sat next to me who for some reason had sat in the home seats). They didn't have many songs though, just 'city' and they tried to sing "when the tigers go marching in" once to no avail.

yah, they were in pretty reasonable voice most of the time (except the one sat next to me who for some reason had sat in the home seats). They didn't have many songs though, just 'city' and they tried to sing "when the tigers go marching in" once to no avail.

I was joking mate, I had to sit in the car with one of them on my way home.

He wasn't happy. :holtbytongue:

Back
Top Bottom