Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa (A) (16/02/20) (2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sterling and Vardy are both playing alright but haven’t scored in 5 or 6 games, son playing badly and 6 in 5, I think we are a bit harsh to jump in and criticise him ( me included) as I know who I would rather have in our team!

But Toby was blameless? First goal lloris could come out or he could clear it. Both seem to leave it for each other but neither really took control. Second goal Toby should jump first

First goal isn't on Toby.... Hugo came out and pulled back; Toby was left not knowing what to do until it was too late.

A keeper should OWN his 6 yd box. ....Arguably the same criticism applies for the second.

I know we didn't play our best but man that was a fun affair to watch from start to finish. Back and forth game, tons of chances.

Two players who really stood out to me were Winks and Bergwijn, Bergwijn in particular, who I might have as MOTM. He's a tremendous combo of skill, athleticism and intelligence. Lovely, lovely player.

I know Dele will probably get some stick but on another day he pots 2 goals. I know the finishing today was off (you can include Son in that too oddly enough) but they're creating chances.

One point off Chelsea now, really putting the screws to them. Let's have a draw tomorrow and then go above them next weekend.

Come ON you Spurs!

Just watched the match. Not a pretty sight although I'm delighted with the outcome. But yet more questions than answers. Lloris, captain and GK???.....so hesitant, no verbal instructions to Toby. Goal absolutely down to him. And why won't he send the ball up field from a goal kick. Always rolls it to the nearest guy and that doesn't play to our strengths. Especially with Winks and Dier so weak as a combination. IMO, that is the worst midfield we could have selected. Dier is finished just as much as Jan. Lumbering about like an old water buffalo. Pitiful. Shocked that it took so long to get Dier off. GLC made an immediate difference so why doesn't Mou either start him or bring him on earlier? Where was Ndombele? Have we just wasted 40 mil? Deli unspeakably awful. When I think back to the player he was 3/4 years ago.....and when did Son become so greedy? Head down, thinking he can just keep dribbling....didn't work once that I saw. And he is definitely NOT a dead ball player, especially penalties. That was one of the worst penalties I can remember. Lucas should be taking them or maybe Toby.
I thought that Atkinson actually had a decent game. Difficult to believe after all the stupid fouls from Aurier that he wasn't even carded. I was a big Mou fan when he arrived but quite honestly, his team selections are as stupid as Poch's...I'm really having some doubts now. The game could have gone either way. After the second goal, he should have brought on Japhet and GLC for the 2nd half. He gave them that goal and that last gasp mistake from Engels was a life line. Talk about luck. If we play like that against Chelski, we;re not going to win...or even draw. And I'm not looking forward to Wednesday.
It's tough being a Spurs fan.
Holy mother of god, that was a joyless and depressing read.
You OK?

Have you witnessed one game since he took over where you have said to yourself that his teams look any more organised or solid than Poch's, because I haven't.
At times the teams look like strangers and some of them are past their play by date IMHO.
The playing staff are the issue, rather than the management of them.

Silk purse and sows ears

We've just won a thrilling game of football where both sides created tons of chances and we got over the line in the last minute.
It was a throwback game to another time, if you can't take joy from that why bother?

As others have said our form is very good, we are improving, We have some real promising new players who are bedding in well.

I just don't understand the negativity. Yes we aren't perfect, Yes perhaps 1-2 are past there sell by date. But try looking at the positives or you just come across as somebody with an agenda.

If I was that negative after a win I'd take up something else with my spare time and save myself the stress

I’m proud to present TFC’s very own 1882. He’s famous you know. And full of pashun.

cdpvyWp.gif

Top work mate.
Thank you for sorting, and thank you for allowing it 1882 1882 . Still don't think it's as embarrassing as my curly permed appearance on national television:)
Brilliant stuff, shows how much it means to us.

Still pissed off the is only Sunday, why not let it be the Friday night kick off and give us a few extra days to recover for the Championship league ? Surely it wouldn’t have been so hard to do?

Back
Top Bottom