Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa (A) (16/02/20) (2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

very impressed by his cameo. powerful, driving - if its a choice between him and Dier in CM I know whod id pick

Dier isn't on the pitch to drive us forward though....

He (as a DM) is there to shield the back 4 as our deepest lying MF.

(Big fan of what I've seen of Gedson tho'.)

For Christ's sake..... He's 3 games back from a lengthy horrific injury lay off.

Go back and watch the game where we beat Man City 2 0......Lloris single handed saved us from a drubbing and enabled us to go on and get the win.

I don't think its going out in a limb to say that had he not been in goal that day, the result probably wouldn't have gone our way.

Yes I know he has just come back from injury- so how does that prevent him from coming off his line today and against Southampton? I have made my point about him- I genuinely hope I am wrong so we shall see.

Winks looks good when the game's being played at a slower pace (eg England Internationals), but in a frantic, open game, like today's, he didn't shine like Moura did. Moura really clicked - superb skills.
Sadly, there was no change in Dier either. I wonder if his days are numbered. I hope not, because I like the guy, but you can't get blood out of a stone, unless you're Moses or God, or both. Mourhino only thinks he's God.
I'm forgiving Dele. He's beating himself up more than you/us lot ever could and he'll come good again.
Lloris - hard one this. See how the rest of the season pans out, but currently I prefer Gazza.
Aurier - hmmm. Keep playing him. But only until a genius RB appears in the Summer.
Sanchez - good lad.
Toby's lost a lot of authority at the back. Has he seen his best days? Divine goal, though.
Nice to see Davies back and putting in a solid performance.

Shall I post this drivel? Yeah, why not.

Toby to blame for both. He either leaves it if there is a shout or hoofs it if there was no call, not that stupid limp foot.

And Toby jumping under a ball....think I've been saying about that for 18 months now, eh Pipework?

Yet you're dissing Hugo for these things in other posts too....

Make ya mind up.

Regardless; any goal keeper will tell you Hugo was at fault... Particularly for the first.

Goalkeeping 101: Shout, scream, clatter your own players if you must; but OWN your 6yd box.

Dier isn't on the pitch to drive us forward though....

He (as a DM) is there to shield the back 4 as our deepest lying MF.

(Big fan of what I've seen of Gedson tho'.)
Gedson was on for barely 10 mins and is nothing close to a DM - he’s not here to replace Dier - what are you even saying?

Last edited:
I worry for Dele, he is out of form, cant score, can't pass, back heels and nutmegs not working, slow...
I'm actually not. Ok he's trying too hard sometimes, and too hard stuff other, and he's not really sharp in front of goal. But he's fucking there where it happens, he keeps making the runs and creating chances. A goal on one of them today and he could have scored a hattrick. I predict at least one goal on Wednesday and one against Chelski.

Last edited:

Make ya mind up.

Regardless; any goal keeper will tell you Hugo was at fault... Particularly for the first.

Goalkeeping 101: Shout, scream, clatter your own players if you must; but OWN your 6yd box.

100% agree. What was it that meant England had arguably the best keepers in the world in the 80’s? It was because we had keepers like Shilton, Clemence and Corrigan dominating their own 6 yard box and beyond.

Make ya mind up.

You are correct.

But if a keeper doesn't come for a ball and you are there you don't just stand with your foot limply out. You hoof it out of the ground then look at your keeper and ask. What the fuck? Hugo can't decide when to come off his line or when to stay. In the last four games he's made 4 mistakes, 2 he came for the ball when he shouldn't have and twice he stood rooted to his line when he should have easily collected the ball. Yet he got away with 3 of them.

His days at Spurs should be drawing to an end, just like Toby's days of being a first choice pick.

He's just had a son a couple of days ago and lost a lot of sleep as a result. Players are just human beings, after all.

You are right that players are human beings. After the game he said that his legs were sore before the match so perhaps he shouldn’t have played at all especially when we had options

Back
Top Bottom