Tottenham Hotspur v Bayern Munich (01-10-19) (20:00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Shackling Thiago is going to be a huge challenge.

You called?

lamela-500058.jpg

I’m looking forward for this game. I want us to wake up and this is the perfect game to do that.

My line up:
———————Lloris
Aurier—-Toby——-Jan——Davies
————Sissoko—Winks
Lucas———--Dele—————-Son
—————-—-Kane

I’d bench Rose, Ndombele and Eriksen so they can rest. Top 4 is vital.

No scrappy win for me. I want us to systematically take them apart with non stop pressing and 'in your face' aggression. An early goal in the first 15 mins to settle the nerves followed by a second to kill them off just before half time. Doesn't matter what changes they make for the second half, we come out all guns blazing and go three up on the hour. Dazed,battered and bewildered we continue to pummel them and on the 75th minute make two substitutions that ensure the pace remains relentless. Unable to breathe they totter about the pitch desperately trying for some meaningful possession. We press forward again and in the last five minutes put the icing on the cake with a Harry Kane screamer from 30 yards out. 4-0 Get In !!

:thumbup: :coys:

DARE TO DREAM
I want to live in your world..

So do we think based on today and all the rotation -

Lamela, Dele and Lucas behind Kane?

Foyth at RB? Sanchez starts?
Dele??? Are you serious?? On what basis??
Did you watch Dele against Dorchester? I meant Colchester

Son??? On the bench???

No scrappy win for me. I want us to systematically take them apart with non stop pressing and 'in your face' aggression. An early goal in the first 15 mins to settle the nerves followed by a second to kill them off just before half time. Doesn't matter what changes they make for the second half, we come out all guns blazing and go three up on the hour. Dazed,battered and bewildered we continue to pummel them and on the 75th minute make two substitutions that ensure the pace remains relentless. Unable to breathe they totter about the pitch desperately trying for some meaningful possession. We press forward again and in the last five minutes put the icing on the cake with a Harry Kane screamer from 30 yards out. 4-0 Get In !!

:thumbup: :coys:

DARE TO DREAM
I'M WITH YOU!!!!!

But we might need a time machine to bring the 2016 team back for the night!

I think we'll roast them like hedgehogs. Go grade A soviet missile launch at them. When they come down the chimney, we'll kick them back up. Bent aerial. I need a morning coffee.

I think that playing the same midfield of Winks, Sissoko and Ndombele is a massive mistake. It is not balanced and we cannot manage transitions properly with it, none of those three have a natural defensive instinct and are always reacting to the opponents play rather than being preemptive. They run hard and try to make recovering challenges but I never feel secure defensively with that set up, it never feels like there is any real protection for our defenders. We are always chasing rather than doing a solid screening job like we used to.

Olympiacos were walking through our midfield with complete freedom as did almost all our other opponents, with the quality Bayern have in the centre we need to play sensibly. Put Dier in there, let him play as a third CB/CDM and lets try and play smart football on the break.

So far this season we are still trying to play the football from the Dembele era but it simply doesn’t work with the current lineup. We looked better against Southampton playing with 10 men rather than when we had 11, because we had to defend first and be solid and then look to use the spaces. We need to play like that more often as that is what suits us now. Trying to play fancy football with Sissoko in Dembele’s position and Winks as our Wanyama/Dier equivalent is just daft.

Back
Top Bottom