Tottenham Hotspur v Bayern Munich (01-10-19) (20:00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

5259139.jpg

(sorry couldn't resist it!)
Love it.

Lewandowski has started the season on fire so will be a real tough test for whom ever our centre halves are

I do have a sneaky feeling we’ll win though, under the lights at the lane against a European giant, we’ll kick into gear
I was rather hoping he was going to be as lacklustre as he was in the World Cup........

At the moment, Lamela seems to have so much more energy and drive. I know Eriksen can be a match winner but he's producing virtually nothing at the moment whilst Lamela is showing energy and determination. He's been involved in several goals. The only hope if CE plays (and I'm a huge fan), is that he considers these CL games as a kind of audition for the big European managers. Just my opinion.

At the moment, Lamela seems to have so much more energy and drive. I know Eriksen can be a match winner but he's producing virtually nothing at the moment whilst Lamela is showing energy and determination. He's been involved in several goals. The only hope if CE plays (and I'm a huge fan), is that he considers these CL games as a kind of audition for the big European managers. Just my opinion.
Yeah fair enough, can see where you're coming from.

This Eriksen doesn't give a shit narrative is being blown a little out of proportion though I feel. He worked harder than anyone on the pitch Saturday and got the vital assist. He's in a different league to Lamela quality wise and tomorrow is arguably our biggest game of the season so far. No way he doesn't start IMO.

Yeah fair enough, can see where you're coming from.

This Eriksen doesn't give a shit narrative is being blown a little out of proportion though I feel. He worked harder than anyone on the pitch Saturday and got the vital assist. He's in a different league to Lamela quality wise and tomorrow is arguably our biggest game of the season so far. No way he doesn't start IMO.

Whatever case you're trying to build; that's unfair on a number of players.

Perhaps 'worked as hard as anyone else' would be a fairer comment, but he certainly did nothing to suggest he shouldn't start tomorrow.
He’s just not at it at the moment.

I agree eriksen is the much better player, and lamela frustrates the hell out of me when he hangs on to the ball for too long, but lamela is in better form.

I would be more confident of lamela having an effect on the game at this current moment in time. Plus he was rested at the weekend so I get the feeling he will start regardless of what we think.

With one foot already out the door you can never be sure which Eriksen shows up to play. He will probably put in another Olympiakos type performance tomorrow if he starts.

----------------Lloris-------------------
Kwp-------Toby----Vertonghen--Davies
---------N'dombele--Sissoko-----------
-----Lamela------Eriksen-------Son---
------------------Kane-----------------

Hugo
Aurier - Toby - Verts - Rose
Sissoko - Winks - Ndombele
Lamela - Kane - Moura

I don’t like that sissoko/winks/Ndombele midfield but if the only other option is bringing Dier in who I don’t trust against top opposition or eriksen dropping in to midfield then I suppose that’s our only option.

3-1 to our boys tomorrow. No need to think about PL form or issues.

I would however be starting Davies over Rose in this one, I'd also be thinking about Lucas for Sonny but I'm on the fence about that call. Big physical team, let's really turn up for this one lads!

Back
Top Bottom