TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR V Borussia Dortmund Europa League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

321px-Tottenham_Hotspur.svg.png
vs
220px-Borussia_Dortmund_logo.svg.png

Just in case anyone missed it, a much-changed Tottenham were outclassed by Borussia Dortmund, in the first leg and they take a commanding lead into the second leg of this Europa League last-16 tie.

Interesting read..

Europa League: 7 reasons why everybody should love Tottenham AND Borussia Dortmund

Tottenham v Borussia Dortmund: Spurs seek inspiration from Club Brugge class of '87
Only once have Dortmund failed to progress in a European tie having won the first leg at home, with Club Brugge proving their nemesis in the UEFA Cup in the 1987-88 season.
On that occasion, the Belgian club progressed 5-3 after extra-time to shock Dortmund.

COYS...

I feel this match is being overlooked and dismissed without respect. We Play BD in the EL at WHL, its a European night hosted by Tottenham Hotspur FC. Lets look to turn around the 3 goal deficit. It will be difficult but not impossible. I feel the mood is to ignore this fixture and move on quickly to Sunday PL. I feel this is modern football at its worse, Its like, playing a computer games and we can just click a button and move on to the next game. This is a massive game, we could be made to look stupid, by losing by a large number or have a glory night at WHL, giving it a a go!
Play Sunday , then a 12 day gap (internationals) in the PL . We must give it all whatever team is put out?

I think there is a lot of merit in the argument that no EL means we have a better shot at the league.

But at the same time I've always believed that if you have a match to compete in then you give it your all, and that includes the fans. That should apply even if it's an end of season game that has nothing riding on it.

I think there is a lot of merit in the argument that no EL means we have a better shot at the league.

Liverpool with Suárez is a good example but they didn't win the PL. LC this season is another, hopefully they will fail also. I believe you can play both. Utd and the Chaves have shown its possible. we need to strive for that level. This season we have put, losing after the EL, behind us. I feel players keep fitter by playing regular. Their tiredness will ebb and flow whatever the fixtures and these days everything is monitored.

It's a big who cares from me. We aren't winning 4-0 and aren't stopping them scoring.

Kids please.

Bournemouth is all that matters with HUGE games v. Liverpool and United to follow. All the big sides play each other this weekend with Woolwich not unlikely to lose more points to Everton. West Ham losing points at Chelsea and the Manchester derby.

CL could be all but guaranteed.

You'll forgive me for not giving a shit about this game.

St Patricks.. all day on the lash. Added bonus of footballs

My prediction? sobering up around 70 mins played (no booze euro games)

It's a big who cares from me. We aren't winning 4-0 and aren't stopping them scoring.

Kids please.

Bournemouth is all that matters with HUGE games v. Liverpool and United to follow. All the big sides play each other this weekend with Woolwich not unlikely to lose more points to Everton. West Ham losing points at Chelsea and the Manchester derby.

CL could be all but guaranteed.

You'll forgive me for not giving a shit about this game.
I do not believe we will turn this result around but what I do want is to give it a go. You should be ashamed 'not giving a shit about this game' (which I dont belive). Any true Spurs supporter would not want us to be humilliated and would like to see us try.

I do not believe we will turn this result around but what I do want is to give it a go. You should be ashamed 'not giving a shit about this game' (which I dont belive). Any true Spurs supporter would not want us to be humilliated and would like to see us try.
''True Spurs supporter'' - Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit. The tie is over.

Who said anything about us being humiliated.

If we win, I'll be happy. If we don't, big whoop. Who cares. We have far bigger fish to fry.

True Spurs - smfh.

What I do care about is protecting the likes of Dier, Alli, Kane etc. from fatigue and injury.

True fucking Spurs. lol.

I know the circumstances are different, but if we hopefully get an early goal or two the atmosphere could be repeated from the Fiorentina game, being at the back of the Park Lane lower was fantastic.

Admittedly I'm not too bothered if we lose, but it'd be nice to see us at least have a go at them whoever we put out.

----------------------------------Vorm---------------------------------------
Trippier------CarterVickers----Wimmer or Alderweireld----Davies
------------------------Mason------Bentaleb-----------------------------
--------Onomah------------Carroll-----------------Chadli------------
-----------------------------------Son--------------------------------------

Wimmer and Alderweireld to play a half each.

Looks like i'm not a true supporter, even though i'm in my 40th year of attending the lane. :llorisunsure:

"The congestion developed as supporters were redirected by police towards a different entrance into the stadium shortly before kick-off."
"Dortmund police said the late arrival of Spurs fans had created unexpected pressure on the entrances, which had to be temporarily closed."

Dortmund police is very often critized - especially by BVB-Fans- because of the behaviour near the stadium.
There was no aggressive behaviour between the fans the whole day long, but then the police felt invited to escalate the situation.
Shame on you!

''True Spurs supporter'' - Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit. The tie is over.

Who said anything about us being humiliated.

If we win, I'll be happy. If we don't, big whoop. Who cares. We have far bigger fish to fry.

True Spurs - smfh.

What I do care about is protecting the likes of Dier, Alli, Kane etc. from fatigue and injury.

True fucking Spurs. lol.
We never throw the towel in! COYS

Lloris
Walker - Alderweireld - Wimmer - Rose
Dier - Dembele
Son - Lamela - Chadli
Kane
Would be my line up by the way. Relatively strong but games against Dortmund at home don't come along often, it'll be a great experience for some of those who didn't travel to the first game to play in and like we've all said, an early goal (which is more than capable with that team), could really push the game in our favour.

'

Football is an competitive game and as a player you play to win every game. As a supporter you want to win every game. Not to care about a match (whatever the reason) is out of my spectrum of being a true supporter and a lover of football. I really cant understand how you can not give a shite about the game. BUT, if we win, you'l take it-sorry , there is something fundamentally wrong there? Its up there with the supporter that leaves the ground early?

Back
Top Bottom