TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR V Borussia Dortmund Europa League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lloris
Walker - Alderweireld - Wimmer - Rose
Dier - Dembele
Son - Lamela - Chadli
Kane
Would be my line up by the way. Relatively strong but games against Dortmund at home don't come along often, it'll be a great experience for some of those who didn't travel to the first game to play in and like we've all said, an early goal (which is more than capable with that team), could really push the game in our favour.

I admire the reasoning but that team is foolish.

You say that games like Dortmund don't come along often but they will if we finish in the top three (or win the league) and being 0-3 down I see no benefit in playing Kane, Dier or Dembele. As they weren't in the starting line up in the first match I can't imagine Poch starts risking them with the tie all but over. The full backs I can go with as I think Davies and Trippier can have effective games on Sunday.

Lloris
Walker - Alderweireld - Wimmer - Rose
Dier - Dembele
Son - Lamela - Chadli
Kane
Would be my line up by the way. Relatively strong but games against Dortmund at home don't come along often, it'll be a great experience for some of those who didn't travel to the first game to play in and like we've all said, an early goal (which is more than capable with that team), could really push the game in our favour.
Lets give it ago.

Football is an competitive game and as a player you play to win every game. As a supporter you want to win every game. Not to care about a match (whatever the reason) is out of my spectrum of being a true supporter and a lover of football. I really cant understand how you can not give a shite about the game. BUT, if we win, you'l take it-sorry , there is something fundamentally wrong there? Its up there with the supporter that leaves the ground early?
Lol.

Whatever. I'm Spurs. And whether I am Spurs or not has fuck all to do with whether you think I am.

Looks like i'm not a true supporter, even though i'm in my 40th year of attending the lane. :llorisunsure:

Its not about the team selection or the what is believed the result will be. Its the attitude of not giving a fuck. We mustn't start picking and choosing our games to suit how we feel. I want win every game. Using the term 'true supporter' may have been a little over the top. It just angers me that we can easily dismiss the BD game because it suits.

Tie is dead I think. If it were a semi, we'd have played a stronger lineup, but there's still a decent way to go in the competition. I'd rather we win the league because we rested important players, than win the europa but finish 3rd because we went all out in the europa.

It's a big who cares from me. We aren't winning 4-0 and aren't stopping them scoring.

Kids please.

Bournemouth is all that matters with HUGE games v. Liverpool and United to follow. All the big sides play each other this weekend with Woolwich not unlikely to lose more points to Everton. West Ham losing points at Chelsea and the Manchester derby.

CL could be all but guaranteed.

You'll forgive me for not giving a shit about this game.

I couldn't disagree with you more. You should give a shit about every competitive game Tottenham plays.

I doubt Dortmund will go too offensively tonight. They will want to protect their 3-0 lead and will be wary of our determination to overcome the deficit. I could see us getting a win but only by a margin of one goal.

That said, Poch will probably select a similar team from the first leg, so with that in mind, I hope we are competitive, can give us fans something to cheer about and hopefully (with a bit of luck), get a decent result that will restore some pride.

Whatever happens: COYS!

It will be almost the same side as last week, perhaps without Lloris.

Anything is possible and in football you never know. A win but defeat over two legs most likely outcome. I'd be happy to see what we can produce at home against a really good side. I doubt it will be shit.

Sunday does not matter until Friday comes

I'd like to see Bentaleb played instead of Mason/Carroll axis. If anyone needs a run of games get some match sharpness it's him.

Of course we should be going for the win, however doing it at the detriment of our strongest 11 will have ramifications for playing against Bournemouth. They are second in the most running stat table and on a 3 game winning streak, they should not be taken lightly.

Back
Top Bottom