TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR V Borussia Dortmund Europa League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This argument about the fans should take this game seriously etc etc. Maybe Poch should have taken the game seriously in the first leg. I don't give a shit about tonight and have 100% focus on the league after last week. I guess that makes me a shit fan... even though I went to Germany last week

This argument about the fans should take this game seriously etc etc. Maybe Poch should have taken the game seriously in the first leg. I don't give a shit about tonight and have 100% focus on the league after last week. I guess that makes me a shit fan... even though I went to Germany last week

I'm in the Bricklayers now. Gonna get right on it.

I can understand everyones frustration with this tie, why should we bother if they don't bother etc etc
Only wanting rewards and if its clear we won't get it why bother...
Thats some Woolwich mentality if you ask me.

I think everyone is focused on the league and in hindsight the team selection was correct last week given our result Sunday. Sucked for everyone who travelled out there but it is what it is.

I'm taking it for what it is. Euro tie against Dortmund, under the lights.
If we turn this game around then there will be so many pissed "supporters" who wish they had been there.

Did you WALK to Germany, or laze about on a plane...?

If you didn't walk: = SHIT FAN!

I drove. Where does this put my status as a fan? :walkercry:

I can understand everyones frustration with this tie, why should we bother if they don't bother etc etc

I think everyone is focused on the league and in hindsight the team selection was correct last week given our result Sunday. Sucked for everyone who travelled out there but it is what it is.

If we turn this game around then there will be so many pissed "supporters" who wish they had been there.

That isn't my point. My point was if the club select a team that shows a lack of ambition then why should we be expected to be 100% for this. It would be different if we played a team that could compete with Dortmund and lost 3-0. It wasn't the result that upset me as they were brilliant. It was the lack of ambition.

I drove. Where does this put my status as a fan? :walkercry:

That isn't my point. My point was if the club select a team that shows a lack of ambition then why should we be expected to be 100% for this. It would be different if we played a team that could compete with Dortmund and lost 3-0. It wasn't the result that upset me as they were brilliant. It was the lack of ambition.

Yeah fair enough. I agree.
Poch reckons that his squad is strong enough with whatever players he plays. Not sure if this is hyperbole or genuine naivety but with what he says we could play anyone and beat anyone which we all know is bollocks.
The second I saw Mason/Carroll in the middle I knew we were doomed.

My point is that regardless of team selection, it's still Tottenham vs Dortmund. Even if we lose 3-0 tonight and he puts out the youth team we should still be behind them.
I guess this makes me a happy clapper. I'm generally not but in this instance and at this point of the season we have to be behind the team and not do a Woolwich and fall apart all over the place.

Leicester 5000-1 start of the season to win the league.
Stranger things have happened
I know. Had it been 5000/1 I would have had a tenner on it for shits n giggles.
I actually think 110/1 offers poor value looking at the task the lads face after last week. 4-0 would be the turnaround of the decade against that lot, unless they fielded the under 16's.
You'd probably get approaching those odds for Toby or big Kev to score first.

It was more of a :goonermong: post than a :gallashmm:

I remember a few years back when Middlesbrough were 3-0 down on aggregate in two rounds and managed to turn both around with 4-3 wins.

I hope we give ourselves a chance tonight.

I'm still going (on my tod) tonight, fuck this "what's the point if we can't win" attitude, I'm not going to see us win I'm going to see us play Dortmund at home and have a bloody good sing song. I'm expecting the Park Lane/Shelf Side to be rocking.

If anything it should be better, no expectation no pressure no demands, except that the players we put out there play their hearts out.

I'll be gutted if it's quiet tonight, I really hoped this would be one everyone would be up for regardless of scorelines.

I hope we get stuck into the cunts. As long as they leave feeling they've had a good going over, if not technically, physically.
It rarely happens with us but imagine a we get 2 early goals in the opening 15 minutes , one a penalty for which their keeper gets sent off. Just before half tim Reuss is stretchered off requiring breathing apparatus following a brutal challenge by Tom Caroll.
and then I'd get my cock out

I doubt very much that we will turn over the 3-0 deficit, but what I'd like to see is loads of Square heads locked out just before kick off, then getting kicked and punched by our stewards and then get a face full of pepper spray. Let's see how they fucking like it.

Having been in the middle of that crush last week, I've got no problem with the Dortmund fans who were quality both before and during the game.Those stewards though were f*cking c*nts and whilst I appreciate that you've probably said that tongue in cheek, I'd hate for our matchday staff to behave in the same manner.

Onto the game tonight, think it'll be a similar squad but if we nick an early goal and who knows. My boys excited anyway!

And if we don't there will be plenty of supporters still pissed that we threw the game last week.

Having been in the middle of that crush last week, I've got no problem with the Dortmund fans who were quality both before and during the game.Those stewards though were f*cking c*nts and whilst I appreciate that you've probably said that tongue in cheek, I'd hate for our matchday staff to behave in the same manner.

Onto the game tonight, think it'll be a similar squad but if we nick an early goal and who knows. My boys excited anyway!

Fair point, their fans and the people around the bars were pretty good but I still think we hould give them a good kick-in just incase any of them there tonight are the stewards from last week.:eriksenlol:

Back
Top Bottom