TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR V Borussia Dortmund Europa League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I doubt Dortmund will go too offensively tonight. They will want to protect their 3-0 lead and will be wary of our determination to overcome the deficit. I could see us getting a win but only by a margin of one goal.

That said, Poch will probably select a similar team from the first leg, so with that in mind, I hope we are competitive, can give us fans something to cheer about and hopefully (with a bit of luck), get a decent result that will restore some pride.

Whatever happens: COYS!
images
Your avatar has a pic looking likeGeof Manthorne from Ace of cakes?

Dembele & Eriksen carrying knocks and surely will not be risked. Expect similar team to last week and hopefully we will get a win but doubt it will be by more than 1 goal.

I hope Dembele is fit enough to start this one. And is Bentaleb still alive? Onomah should get another start as well and I hope Poch doesn't sub in Kane at the end for no reason again.

Most of all (I'm a homer I know) I hope Son really finds his shooting boots for this one. He's looked lost for quite a while now.

Think the atmosphere might be quite shit tomorrow night tbh with the amount of drop outs.
Shame would like us to win to get abit of pride back after last week.

Poch said he picked the best team available for the first leg so I suppose he will play a strong team in the second leg, so bad news for those opting to play the kids.

Its not about the team selection or the what is believed the result will be. Its the attitude of not giving a fuck. We mustn't start picking and choosing our games to suit how we feel. I want win every game. Using the term 'true supporter' may have been a little over the top. It just angers me that we can easily dismiss the BD game because it suits.

Think of the lineups as investments. You wouldn't want to put your money on high risk investments with mediocre potential reward, when you could instead put them on lower risk investments with higher potential reward.

(What you invest in a football game is energy and the risk of injuries)

A full strength team would make absolutely no sense whatsoever, if anything we should field a weaker side than last week.

I doubt very much that we will turn over the 3-0 deficit, but what I'd like to see is loads of Square heads locked out just before kick off, then getting kicked and punched by our stewards and then get a face full of pepper spray. Let's see how they fucking like it.

I hope Dembele is fit enough to start this one. And is Bentaleb still alive? Onomah should get another start as well and I hope Poch doesn't sub in Kane at the end for no reason again.

Most of all (I'm a homer I know) I hope Son really finds his shooting boots for this one. He's looked lost for quite a while now.

Anyone carrying a knock shouldn't be risk obviously but I hope we put out a strong team nonetheless but those asking for Bentelab's appearance should maybe heed the rumours that he's had a fall out with Poch who probably has had enough of his showboating and poor distribution.
Shame as I think he has something as a player but trust Poch completely now.
:bentalebscream:

I doubt very much that we will turn over the 3-0 deficit, but what I'd like to see is loads of Square heads locked out just before kick off, then getting kicked and punched by our stewards and then get a face full of pepper spray. Let's see how they fucking like it.

Did they bomb your granny's chippy during the war?
:angryscouser:

Only kidding mate!

Poch said he picked the best team available for the first leg so I suppose he will play a strong team in the second leg, so bad news for those opting to play the kids.

I think Poch meant he picked the 'best' team he thought he could get away with in the context of the season but, like the NLD cup tie earlier in the season, he didn't get away with it on the night.

But in the bigger picture of the league and our total dominance of Villa he was completely vindicated IMO

Having said that I want to win tonite and if we get an early goal, keep them out and maybe another mid 2nd half the stadium should be rocking and I wish I could be there!
Anyone trying to get rid of their tickets because of last week's result should take a long hard look at themselves!
:pochfacepalm:

I think Poch meant he picked the 'best' team he thought he could get away with in the context of the season but, like the NLD cup tie earlier in the season, he didn't get away with it on the night.

But in the bigger picture of the league and our total dominance of Villa he was completely vindicated IMO

Having said that I want to win tonite and if we get an early goal, keep them out and maybe another mid 2nd half the stadium should be rocking and I wish I could be there!
Anyone trying to get rid of their tickets because of last week's result should take a long hard look at themselves!
:pochfacepalm:

Most teams in the championship would beat Villa.

Back
Top Bottom