Tottenham Hotspur v Brighton (H) | Saturday 10th February @ 15:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You said "2/3 years" of "Bollocks", Blakey.......

That's nonsense.
2017-18?
Wasn’t that the year we finished 3rd — banged 6 past Everton at Goodison etc?
Got to the semis of the FA Cup and got beat by an inferior United team and eliminated in the Champions League (last 8?) by Juve in a really naive few minutes?
Could be I’m getting the year wrong but if not then our fans have become quite the entitled bunch.

I siad bollocks of the last few years including the last 2-3 years of Poch.

Can't blame me for construing that as you including the last 2-3 years of Poch under the banner of "bollocks"

"Going to shit" is still more than derogatory considering the level we were playing at.

2017-18?
Wasn’t that the year we finished 3rd — banged 6 past Everton at Goodison etc?
Got to the semis of the FA Cup and got beat by an inferior United team and eliminated in the Champions League (last 8?) by Juve in a really naive few minutes?
Could be I’m getting the year wrong but if not then our fans have become quite the entitled bunch.

That's the one....The Wembley season....

3rd place finish.
Banging goals for fun.
Battering Liverpool 4-1.....

Topped our CL group unbeaten on 16 points.
4 points from Madrid (incuding the epic home tie where we took the piss out of them!)
6 points from BVB

FA Cup semi final

Hard to enjoy and "going to shit" apparently. :deledoubt:

That's the one....The Wembley season....

3rd place finish.
Banging goals for fun.
Battering Liverpool 4-1.....

Topped our CL group unbeaten on 16 points.
4 points from Madrid (incuding the epic home tie where we took the piss out of them!)
6 points from BVB

FA Cup semi final

Hard to enjoy and "going to shit" apparently. :deledoubt:
If you didn’t enjoy that season as a Spurs fan, probably one of our best all around in the last 40 years, then you have absolutely no reason to support the club because you’re always going to be disappointed.
I’d suggest a switch to City or Madrid.

Fucking hell, some of the fans on here saw us relegated and sat through a decade of turmoil and shit. The entitlement of some is unbelievable.

If you didn’t enjoy that season as a Spurs fan, probably one of our best all around in the last 40 years, then you have absolutely no reason to support the club because you’re always going to be disappointed.
I’d suggest a switch to City or Madrid.

Fucking hell, some of the fans on here saw us relegated and sat through a decade of turmoil and shit. The entitlement of some is unbelievable.
Oh fuck off....

You want to talk about entitlement, All the fans want is to see the club lift a trophy, any trophy.
Hardly entitlement given the money they pay to watch this club.

Fuck me, this clubs fans are among the most patient on the planet, 20 odd years with 1 sodding trophy and still filling a £61k stadium paying top prices. Either that or we are mugs. Take your pick.

I also notice you didn't mention Woolwich and Liverpool alongside City.

They are in a title race and operating without that Oil money on a similar revenue to us. Which is precisley why I suspect that you didn't mention them.

Up until Klopp arrived we were finishing above Liverpool, and its been only been last season and this current season that we suddenly find ourselves in Woolwich's shadow again? What happened? What changed?

Couldn't be anything to do with the ambition those two clubs showed to try and kick on to the next level could it?

Liverpool went out and got Allision and VDV (among others), as a result they overtook us, left us in the dust and won a league title and a CL. Woolwich doing the same now with Rice (among others) Even if Woolwich ultimatley fall short bet they go again with another couple of big signings in the summer.

And before you say, "we spent money we just didn't spend it wisely" So did Woolwich. They blew what £70m on Pepe? They just ate that loss though didn't they, and carried on spending big.

Why can't we compete with those two clubs? Why aren't we matching those 2 clubs for ambition?

Or are we just imposing a glass ceiling on ourselves because "we are plucky little Spurs" and they are footballing giants. Even though we have the means to financially compete with them on a fairly even footing?

Your narrative simply doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

They are in a title race and operating without that Oil money on a similar revenue to us. Which is precisley why I suspect that you didn't mention them.

Careful, he will call you a gooner and Kroenke fanboy for daring to suggest they’re doing well.

I enjoyed 17/18 but it was ultimately glorious failure and the Juve game epitomised that. We even got dunked on by the other team after with Chiellini’s ‘It is the history of the Tottenham’ shit.

Careful, he will call you a gooner and Kroenke fanboy for daring to suggest they’re doing well.

I enjoyed 17/18 but it was ultimately glorious failure and the Juve game epitomised that. We even got dunked on by the other team after with Chiellini’s ‘It is the history of the Tottenham’ shit.
He's the gooner. His original username was George Graham.

I do believe that’s going to be you, Felicia.

Frankly, I’d rather watch a season like 2017-18 than languish in 14th without European football than string together 5 wins — mostly against 2nd rate opposition — and win a poxy League Cup.

I pay for tickets to be entertained the whole year.

Bye, Felicia.
Probably the single weakest reply I've ever seen on TFC.

Who the fuck is Felicia?

Ice Cube What GIF

It was ‘The Ghost’, actually. You’ve probably never heard of him as you’ve never heard of Ted Hughes.

If I were you I’d be doing something useful like signing up for SC rather than cheering on Arteta’s biggest fanboy aka The Coke-Saka for your last half season.
Bye, Felicia.
The vast majority of people who aren't fans of poetry probably haven't heard of Ted Hughes.

But you count that as a win if you like, this is precisley why you are such a pretentious prick.

Back
Top Bottom