Tottenham Hotspur v Burnley (Turf Moor, 23rd Feb 2019, 12:30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not even that surprised really. After beating Dortmund 3-0, long break to rest, talk of winning the title, articles gushing about how amazing we are, fans getting carried away......this result was fucking coming our way, gift wrapped and clear from a million miles. We do this time and time again, we lose sight of what's in front of us because we are too busy looking up at the clouds. This is why I said I don't like getting carried away with title talk because we have days like this in us.

We can analyse the game, the individuals, the line-up, formation, subs, etc, but we just didn't have our focus today. That was the biggest issue. It was an unfamiliar situation and we were too dizzy with it. The title is gone, please for the love of god let's just forget about it, delete that fucking thread too. Our objective now is to secure top 4 and go as far in the CL as we can, which was always our real objective to be honest.

We'll be alright.

We're currently the 3rd best team in England. We were bound to stumble eventually.

Just important to get back up and at it again.

I look at the starting eleven, and then I look at our bench. Both strong. Then I look at who's missing (Sanchez, Dier, Trippier, Alli). Then I look at our league position and our performances this year and all the barriers we have got through to get there. Then I look in wonderment at all the hacks and so called supporters who have been telling us all season that we have a weak squad, needed to sign players in the last 2 windows and are not contenders for top 4 this year. Then I smile, contended.
bart-simpson-generator.php

Top 4 & the CL it is then. Not the end of the world lads. Top 4 is still a good achievement considering everything. & the quarter finals of the CL too. Need a lot more backing if we are serious about titles.

All because he gave us the rub off the green one season and the meme became when we get Dean we win. I don't think he's corrupt I just think he's scared on being called biased to us now to refuses to give us fuck all. That said he's still a shit ref but so are most in the league
I’m a VAR convert......this shit can’t go on.
It’s almost like the officials know it so are squeezing in as much shit decisions as possible this season.

Liverpool would be about 5th with VAR

I'd still start harry from the bench on this match. I remember we had a suffocating match on the last meeting with this lot where it was frustrating nil nil to the very end. We had everyone back then too, Dele, Ericksen, Son and the "animal" etc. I like to see how it would work with the current line up that's been working very well recently, not to mention not wanting to rush Harry back into the start right away

Got a bad feeling about this one given the negative opponent and the fact we rarely play well when we have an extended break. Can just envisage a turgid, typical early kick-off draw which fucks my mood the whole weekend...Please do the business Spurs, at em straight away and alleviate my fears. Kane's return a positive of course.

Doesn't have to be pretty, but such a must-win game for so many reasons. COYS!

Back
Top Bottom