Tottenham Hotspur v Burnley (Turf Moor, 23rd Feb 2019, 12:30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you look at the actual quality of football this season we are so far behind City and Liverpool, it’s amazing that we’ve stayed close to them for so long. A result like this was always coming, when was the last time we flew out of the traps and tore someone apart? We’ve been scrapping away and put half-chances in the net but we haven’t had a top class 90 minutes for months.

Games like this are where Dembele’s absence becomes painful, Sissoko is a grafter but he belongs in Burnley’s midfield more than ours. It’s hard to get Son and Kane in the game when there is so little quality behind them.

I was and I know how lucky we are........

But we can't use that as an excuse for the rest of time......

It's not an excuse but is having a go at the best manager we've had for many years or having a go at players who have once again given us some great days/nights the answer? they don't deserve to get some of the abuse/comments they are getting.

Last edited:
I don't really blame Poch too much for today, I think the Winks/Llorente sub was awful but the team he picked was OK. Good enough to win if we had played with the right intensity but we didn't. From the first minute we were soft and instead of standing up to their press and trying to play though, we let them keep us in our half passing sideways. That is not how a title contender should start a game of football.

Nobody can tell me that when the ref blew the whistle, we were ready for battle. We haven't looked ready to compete from the first minute in any of the recent matches, it takes us way too long to get going. Eventually someone was going to get that second goal against us that stops us nicking it at the end and that happened today. Eventually you have to stop winning through being jammy and do it by being superior to the opponent.

All on poch today. His decision making when it's season defining games is baffling, we have been utter garbage with 3 at the back, bar 45 minutes against Dortmund. Foyth away at Burnley when he's weak as piss physically, foyth marking one best headers in PL in woods. Baffling today again when it really mattered. Winks off aswell?. Poch has had the best tottenham squad in PL history. He's a great manager but doesn't manage the biggest games well enough to get us over the line when it matters. We need to see a real cut throat approach from poch to freshen this squad up. He's been far to loyal to some. Squad needs a freshness bringing to it. Davies, aurier, llorente, lamela, dier, vorm, skipp, wanyama, trippier all need to be upgraded for a serious title charge, then top class replacements for Toby and Eriksen.

We are not going to change 11 players in one window and we certainly don't need to change 11 players to have a title charge. If the players on the pitch today had played properly we would have been having a title charge right now.

What needs to change is the weak mentality of our team that too often rears it's head in big games. First half against Chelsea in the semi? Shite. First half against Dortmund? Shite. First half against United at Wembley? Shite. First half today? Shite. Top teams come flying out of the traps and start making the opponent sweat. We have to start doing that. You can't always score in the 80+ minute after doing naff all for the rest of the game. Every minute has to count, the players have to stop getting so nervous whenever the going gets tough. They need to relax and enjoy the challenge.

We should be starting every single game the way we started against Chelsea at Wembley in the PL. There is no excuse not to.

Completely dominated the game but didn’t move the ball quickly enough and didn’t show enough urgency

Kane should have been on the bench as it sent out the wrong message to the rest of the squad after doing so brilliantly.

Out best player for the last month or so Sonny was marginalised which was a real shame

Foyth is still a boy and got bullied by a man today

The last 30 mins we were terrible. Once Winks got subbed off we lost the plot. No football, zero control

With all the things wrong with our squad and manager it's a wonder we win any fucking games...

There's about 4-5 posters that have come out of the woodwork since yesterday's result. I honestly wonder why they bother supporting the team.

Mad isn't it, equalled our record wins away from home after making no new signings, no home advantage, stadium delays leaving fans so disgruntled that we've been leaving Wembley 2/3rds empty and it's all radio silence. The moment something doesn't quite go to plan the 'I told you so' brigade rear their heads. I think I must have grown up in a different era to them mate, unbelievable how quickly some turn on the club and how it's been developing over the past few seasons

Back
Top Bottom