Tottenham Hotspur v Burnley (Turf Moor, 23rd Feb 2019, 12:30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fullbacks didn't perform well today. Actually, that's 5 games in a row now, but we've gotten away with it in previous games due to others bailing us out.

You beat "men behind the ball" with crosses and we didn't put in many (any?) quality ones.

Foyth nearly as poor as Rose and Aurier today. Eriksen quiet. Kane didn't look sharp.

Disappointing.

We have a habit of turning up against the smaller sides and just expecting them to give in.

Arrogance without the balls to back it up.

They usually do.

Before today, the last time we dropped points to a team in the bottom half of the table?

5th May 2018.

We'll be alright.

We're currently the 3rd best team in England. We were bound to stumble eventually.

Just important to get back up and at it again.

You are up there with the clueless brigade who throws their dummies out when we don't win..
Let me tell you how football works, sometimes you win, sometimes you don't.. When you don't you move on to the next game.. If you cry, the premier league doesn't let you have the points back or allow you to replay the game you know.
You have no fucking clue. Cba explaining to you lot how it is.

Teams will always drop points - this isn’t about that. This is about our mentality - about how when we expectation is placed on us and where we have we always fall short. But hey make this all about me.

How about when we didn't fall short of expectations and won those other 20 matches in the league?

I look at the starting eleven, and then I look at our bench. Both strong. Then I look at who's missing (Sanchez, Dier, Trippier, Alli). Then I look at our league position and our performances this year and all the barriers we have got through to get there. Then I look in wonderment at all the hacks and so called supporters who have been telling us all season that we have a weak squad, needed to sign players in the last 2 windows and are not contenders for top 4 this year. Then I smile, contended.
bart-simpson-generator.php

The day the Tottenham title dream died “ fuck off sky. Thank fuck I don’t pay for that shower or shit
A title that they REPEATEDLY reminded us we weren't even in, due to their obsession with City & Liverpool winning it...
...until we lose a game we possibly shouldn't have, and NOW they decide our title dreams are over... Fucking cock buckets!

How about when we didn't fall short of expectations and won those other 20 matches in the league?

It's more the expectation of when the end result equals us going to a final, winning a trophy or putting ourselves in the position of having the league in our hands.

Let’s be real. The Title was pretty unrealistic with so many hard away games ahead. As people mentioned here,
1. wasting first half, not looking desperate for goals and just playing possession game, will backfire into panic subs.

2. that 2nd goal is absolutely not acceptable.
3. Mike Dean period

How many here were fans when Christian Gross was manager? if no, you don't know how lucky you are to have a team and manager like this.

I was and those weren't fun times. Some folk haven't witnessed us at our worst or being grateful for getting anything out of a game, they may have been hard times but it does wonders for your temperament when times get tough.

I very rarely criticise my team but that was pretty toothless today. Where was the passion and the 'never say die' spirit we've seen in the last few weeks. Hate to say it but it looked a week too soon for Harry - he may have scored but he took too much of the fluid forward play out of the game and was a bit slow when he got it. There was a definite lack of desire to win the ball at all costs - too many minds on our next 3 games I fear (perhaps even the managers?). Anyway its not season over - its just a blip. Onward and upward.

Back
Top Bottom