Tottenham Hotspur v Burnley (Turf Moor, 23rd Feb 2019, 12:30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I honestly wouldn't mind Poch getting a touchline ban for a few games if he decided to cunt off Dean and tell the press conference exactly what was said.

Problem is, I guess, it wouldn't exactly help us, would it? Regardless of what happens next, you can bet your bottom dollar that Dean will fuck us even more with his decisions the next time he officiates a Spurs match.

He's pretty much already dismissed it in the post match.

Said it was "nothing"

Dream on loserville part time fan...hop on your mum while she's still wet

Yeah you got me worked out, I’m a part time fan as I’m not happy that we lost, maybe football isn’t for me, I thought the game was about glory, obviously not, enjoy your half n half scarf at the weekend, hope you don’t choke on your pop corn you inbred prick!

Lol sky going with the Poch should be banned for what happened after the match.

Klopp gets a nothing fine for calling the refs integrity into question. If Poch gets worse it’ll just prove the corruption.
Hmm, while I think there is obvious bias towards Klopp/Liverpool, Poch's little kerfufle with Dean after the final whistle is genuinely worse than anything I've seen Klopp do this season.

What an utter pile of wank. This was nothing to do with bottle, just Pochettino getting it horribly wrong from start, then making it worse with his subs.

What is bottling for you?
I have not thought about it like this, so I googled it -

phrase [VERB inflects]
If you say that someone has bottled it, you mean that they have lost their courage at the last moment and have not done something they intended to do.
[British, informal]
He was scheduled to appear on the TV Show, but bottled it at the last minute.

I would say that no matter WHO precisely (srsly, what da fook does it matter if it was Poch, or players or who - we are ALL ONE TEAM) was to blame.
But I would say that if this phrase is suitable to be used on football games, this is one example.
Being shady at the back and too slow in attacking, being less aggressive and wanting it less than oppo and losing as a result - to me it fits with the term "bottlling it" .

I would not use the term for example in the event when we played against ManU at home - we played well, were aggressive and passionate, we created a lot and pushed them hard. We gave our best but de Gea's saves granted them a victory. But today... do you suggest that this performance was an absolute best (or reasonably near it) by this squad??

Yeah you got me worked out, I’m a part time fan as I’m not happy that we lost, maybe football isn’t for me, I thought the game was about glory, obviously not, enjoy your half n half scarf at the weekend, hope you don’t choke on your pop corn you inbred prick!
I'm not happy we lost but I don't feel the need to come on here and lay into everyone in this pseudo aggressive style that your castrated mind feels is threatening. Go bang one out to aftv and do the world a favour you part time fan

Maybe not fatigue. More like the complacency and lethargicness of a club who's owners have the arrogance to expect a title push without spending any money.

Poch and the lads have struggled and fought against the odds all season. Maybe it's finally starting to take its toll

No, we just have the same problems we’ve had for years....running out of ideas in the final third. Despite what some people think about Eriksen, we simply don’t have a midfield magician to turn games on their head on a regular basis.

You’re all looking at full backs and DMs....Eriksen leaving will be the turining point, because we will be forced to address that area of the pitch, instead of the gaping hole between the CMs and the AMs.

The team at times seems to play in separate little groups. I don’t know if Eriksen is a defender these days, or what his role is.
Can’t cross, doesn’t pass into key areas, doesn’t go on runs with the ball, just there doing what I’d expect from Dier or Skipp.

Last edited:
Fat lady is definitely gargling and warming up though......

If I were you I'd double down on the Champions league

It was always a long shot, always an outside chance but fuck me if you can't get excited about an outside chance of winning a title I think you're missing out as a football fan.

Big shame today but fair play to Burnley they did what they needed to do, got the rub of the green and suffocated the match. To dare is to do pal

Back
Top Bottom