Tottenham Hotspur v Burnley (Turf Moor, 23rd Feb 2019, 12:30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not happy we lost but I don't feel the need to come on here and lay into everyone in this pseudo aggressive style that your castrated mind feels is threatening. Go bang one out to aftv and do the world a favour you part time fan
So do you buy a new half n half scarf for every game at Wembley or will you be taking last years one for the gooners game?

Angry at that performance.

I don't think this has any thing to do with expectation or bottling it. This is the second time we have struggled to break Burnley down. Our football today was just poor. Wing backs were shocking. Rose cannot cross a ball to save his life. I've said that before and it's not a reaction to one match. Aurier was even worse. Constantly getting wide to just hold it up and then lay it back. Any ball he did put in was fired aimlessly in low toward the penalty box.

Sonny had an off day but we can't continue to expect match winning performances time and time again. Good to see Harry back and looking sharp for the goal.

It is a real worry for me that we seemingly lack the ability to break down a side like Burnley. Yes we have off days but this was a must win match and again we fail to take our chance.

What is bottling for you?
I have not thought about it like this, so I googled it -

phrase [VERB inflects]
If you say that someone has bottled it, you mean that they have lost their courage at the last moment and have not done something they intended to do.
[British, informal]
He was scheduled to appear on the TV Show, but bottled it at the last minute.

I would say that no matter WHO precisely (srsly, what da fook does it matter if it was Poch, or players or who - we are ALL ONE TEAM) was to blame.
But I would say that if this phrase is suitable to be used on football games, this is one example.
Being shady at the back and too slow in attacking, being less aggressive and wanting it less than oppo and losing as a result - to me it fits with the term "bottlling it" .

I would not use the term for example in the event when we played against ManU at home - we played well, were aggressive and passionate, we created a lot and pushed them hard. We gave our best but de Gea's saves granted them a victory. But today... do you suggest that this performance was an absolute best (or reasonably near it) by this squad??

Who gives a fuck????

No, we just have the same problems we’ve had for years....running out of ideas in the final third. Despite what some people think about Eriksen, we simply don’t have a midfield magician to turn games on their head on a regular basis.

You’re all looking at full backs and DMs....Eriksen leaving will be the turining point, because we will be forced to address that area of the pitch, instead of the gaping hole between the CMs and the AMs.

The team at times seems to play in separate little groups. I don’t know if Eriksen is a defender these days, or how what his role is.
Can’t cross, doesn’t pass into key areas, doesn’t go on runs with the ball, just there doing what I’d expect from Dier or Skipp.

we Should tell him he is playing for his country each game

I was and I know how lucky we are........

But we can't use that as an excuse for the rest of time......

It's not an excuse but is having a go at the best manager we've had for many years or having a go at players who have once again given us some great days/nights the answer? they don't deserve to get some of the abuse/comments they are getting.

Last edited:
I honestly wouldn't mind Poch getting a touchline ban for a few games if he decided to cunt off Dean and tell the press conference exactly what was said.

Problem is, I guess, it wouldn't exactly help us, would it? Regardless of what happens next, you can bet your bottom dollar that Dean will fuck us even more with his decisions the next time he officiates a Spurs match.

I agree, and the mind says so but the heart just wants Poch to deck the cunt.

We didn’t deserve to win that . Never got going. We really need a right back though. Spend the matchjust waiting for Aurier to cock up.no more confident when Trip plays.
KWP really deserves a chance but don’t think it will happen.

I honestly wouldn't mind Poch getting a touchline ban for a few games if he decided to cunt off Dean and tell the press conference exactly what was said.

Problem is, I guess, it wouldn't exactly help us, would it? Regardless of what happens next, you can bet your bottom dollar that Dean will fuck us even more with his decisions the next time he officiates a Spurs match.

Perhaps this was just a little bit of mind games from Poch.

Every decision that Dean gave to Spurs got extra media attention to the point that Dean is now giving every decision against Spurs in an attempt not to look bias.

Now after today, every decision Dean gives against Poch will gain media scrutiny.

Looks like those chats with Fergie are paying off.

we Should tell him he is playing for his country each game
Yeah, plenty of Eriksen 2016 every time he pulls on a Denmark shirt...people say one minute he plays better in Denmark because the other players are so crap, then they say he’s poor for us when our best players are out and he needs better players to play well.

It’s bullshit. He’s always been inconsistent, yet gets around it with his stats....unless of course when his stats are on the same level as Shaqiri and Andersson, then stats don’t matter.

Fuck knows what everyone’s watching out there, but our danger comes from Rose and Son these days.

Perhaps this was just a little bit of mind games from Poch.

Every decision that Dean gave to Spurs got extra media attention to the point that Dean is now giving every decision against Spurs in an attempt not to look bias.

Now after today, every decision Dean gives against Poch will gain media scrutiny.

Looks like those chats with Fergie are paying off.
I'd love to agree, but I think Poch genuinely lost it in that moment. Doubt it was thought through enough to be a mind game!

Maybe the extra scrutiny could be an accidental benefit though.

Felt like a goddamn eternity since the Dortmund game - so so glad we can pick ourselves up and play Chelsea so quickly. Letting this result stew for a whole week would be awful.

Back
Top Bottom