Tottenham Hotspur v Burnley (Turf Moor, 23rd Feb 2019, 12:30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Teams will always drop points - this isn’t about that. This is about our mentality - about how when we expectation is placed on us and where we have we always fall short. But hey make this all about me.

There's expectation before every game! was there no expectation before Fulham/Watford etc we won without our best players. this talk happens before every game. Then we finally lose a game and you start chipping in with your \"see, bottlers, mentality" it's pathetic.

It's more the expectation of when the end result equals us going to a final, winning a trophy or putting ourselves in the position of having the league in our hands.

That's understandable but in this case we're not at the level to challenge for the league yet, which is frustrating and proving to be true.

Really hard result to swallow. Devastated

Hope the lads bounce back with 3 big wins. There's plenty of games in the league and we're not going to be the only ones to get a result like this.

Some players / clubs are playing for survival. These results always crop up and will continue to do so.

Poch just needs to move on, keep heads up and let's not forget that we're one solid performance away from a huge European draw.

I'm not sure if Poch decided to make an exception and be publicly as anitmated as he was to protect the players. Him making scenes like that was as much as he could give to try deflect some of the inevitable bottlers talk. Massive leap of imagination on my part though

Lol sky going with the Poch should be banned for what happened after the match.

Klopp gets a nothing fine for calling the refs integrity into question. If Poch gets worse it’ll just prove the corruption.

But let's let it go and stop blaming the ref. It was 100% our own fault we lost today.
Agreed. For their 2nd goal, we had 3 (arguably 4) opportunities to deal with it:

Aurier: crap clearance
Sissoko: crap control
Eriksen: half-hearted tackle
Vertonghen: uncharacteristic failure to anticipate (arguably)

Mike Dean is a twat and it probably wasn't a corner but we gave them enough chances in the 2nd half. Can't argue with it.

We'll bounce back, although hard to imagine us catching Citeh dropping points like these.

Unacceptable from Poch.

But I do wonder what Dean said.
I honestly wouldn't mind Poch getting a touchline ban for a few games if he decided to cunt off Dean and tell the press conference exactly what was said.

Problem is, I guess, it wouldn't exactly help us, would it? Regardless of what happens next, you can bet your bottom dollar that Dean will fuck us even more with his decisions the next time he officiates a Spurs match.

Back
Top Bottom