Tottenham Hotspur v Burnley (Turf Moor, 23rd Feb 2019, 12:30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Unhappy with the pace we played at, unhappy about the result but Happy i am a Yid COYS

If they don't go 1-0 up with a dodgy call from the ref I honestly believe we'd have won the game. We were dictating the pace, trying to probe for gaps and then all of a sudden they gave us a slap in the face and the verve, tempo and shape struggled.

It happens & we did look off pace but it isn't an easy place to go, they've found form at the right time with 8 games unbeaten and they're a tough old team to go up against because of how he sets them up.

We lost the game because we were trying to go for the win. We had Llorente, Kane, Eriksen, Son & Lamela all on the pitch at one time, we threw the attacking numbers on and got caught at the back because of it. It happens

Ah fuck it. Bloody knew it was gonna be a tough, turgid affair.
Big mistake from Poch playing Foyth today - definitely not the kind of game he should've been picked for. Far too physical a side for a young kid to deal with.
How poor were our short-corners today? Fair enough doing them, but have some kind of training ground plan ffs.
One thing that surprised / disappointed me most was our lacklustre efforts after we equalised. If anything, Burnley were the team pressing for the win.
Puts to bed any long-shot title illusions. Now, perform against those two cunts coming up and cement this top 4.
Could be a looooong, hard footy weekend this....

I might be wrong but i think because we got Kane back today the other players stopped working hard as when he was injured
That is always a risk.
In the end it all boils down to individual players not being good enough, or us fans thinking they are actually better than they are. I don’t care about a player misplacing a pass or a striker missing a sitter that will happen to any player at any level.
But I see too many players in our team not being able to change their game to suit the task at hand with the one and only exception, Kane.
Eriksen to Barcelona? Do me a favor, he played that 94mins today in the same gear, never once tried to change his game to help himself or others find that yard of space, he just played the same Eriksen way expecting it to happen.
Son, who has been on fire obviously found Kane’s return confussing, but he didn’t try anything to adapt to it, just kept to his role and expected things to happen....
Top class players change their game themselves and don’t have to be led by the hand of the manager.
When it works we look great, individual players look worldie, but when it’s difficult those same players look confused as fuck after the game as to why it’s not gone their way....
Every player should be made to sit through entire games of watching Messi, and understand he is just not some freak of natural talent, but how he adapts his game to give himself the edge at some point in the game.

Dreadful performance. Lost our heads after the first goal. Sissoko, Rose, Aurier, Eriksen and Son all failed to be match sharp. Foyth doesn't have the experience. Feared a red card on the tackle he made in second half.
At least we can still be underdogs in the title race if Liverpool loose to United. But its going to be tough.

First game I have missed in a long while I saw first 10 mins and you could tell we had a break and in “that” mood, such a shame just got to bounce back strong, what were main issues?

It was always a long shot, always an outside chance but fuck me if you can't get excited about an outside chance of winning a title I think you're missing out as a football fan.

Big shame today but fair play to Burnley they did what they needed to do, got the rub of the green and suffocated the match. To dare is to do pal

Of course..... To dare is to do

Enjoy your victories but more importantly own your losses.

We win as a team and lose as a team.

First game I have missed in a long while I saw first 10 mins and you could tell we had a break and in “that” mood, such a shame just got to bounce back strong, what were main issues?

Critical sub at 60min mark but not Llorente...nor Winks
Eriksen didn’t do much...our MF didn’t exist
Nothing happened in the first half...No preparations or strategy on how to tackle their defensive plays?
Piss poor defense on 2nd half

Sissoko reverted to Old Sissoko, Poch discovered “MOAR SUBS” mode, Aurier is still just an odd player, Winks was the player he’s been all season (excellent) but was subbed off, we brought on Llorente and didn’t cross, or pass to him, Toby, Foyth and Jan is pointless because at least one is always baby sitting, no one marked at a corner, the corner should have been a goal kick, Eriksen is just Jermain Jenas (without the heart) Mike Dean is a cunt, Son was crap, and if we beat Wolves and Burnley we’d be top, ergo, not champions material just yet, because we don’t have the bollcks to win it.

Fuck everything today

Critical sub at 60min mark but not Llorente...nor Winks
Eriksen didn’t do much...our MF didn’t exist
Nothing happened in the first half...No preparations or strategy on how to tackle their defensive plays?
Piss poor defense on 2nd half

Our subs have all worked a treat recently I just think it looks like we have hit a Burnley that all in all are back to their savvy best and any top 6 side aside from City will need to be on it to beat them and as we know it’s a real struggle when Eriksen so off the ball

Back
Top Bottom