Tottenham Hotspur v Burnley (Turf Moor, 23rd Feb 2019, 12:30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you look at the actual quality of football this season we are so far behind City and Liverpool, it’s amazing that we’ve stayed close to them for so long. A result like this was always coming, when was the last time we flew out of the traps and tore someone apart? We’ve been scrapping away and put half-chances in the net but we haven’t had a top class 90 minutes for months.

Games like this are where Dembele’s absence becomes painful, Sissoko is a grafter but he belongs in Burnley’s midfield more than ours. It’s hard to get Son and Kane in the game when there is so little quality behind them.

We may be out of the title race. But for a team that's had zero investment for a season and a half we've given it a pretty good go.
Let's just hope the boys can hold it together long enough to secure another top 4 finish. That in itself would be a huge achievment in the face of such a scandalous dereliction of duty from the owners.
COYS.
Oh, looks who's back the second we lose.

When was the last time you didn't blame a loss on Levy?

Simple question.

Papa Poch absolutely fucking livid with Dean. Sounds like Dean said something he really took offense to.

"Say that again for the TV" Poch said when he noticed the camera
Oh shit, son. I'll be honest, I turned it off the second the final whistle went as I couldn't stand to hear that twat crowd celebrate.

Might make for an interesting post match press conference?

We may be out of the title race. But for a team that's had zero investment for a season and a half we've given it a pretty good go.
Let's just hope the boys can hold it together long enough to secure another top 4 finish. That in itself would be a huge achievment in the face of such a scandalous dereliction of duty from the owners.
COYS.

Well said.. Blaming Poch and the players is beyond laughable.. Who could blame them if they left with the way they get treated if we don't win.

BubZWsIIcAIPd5o.png
Wenger trophy

Don't start this shit.
What.....you thought it would go away?
Are we cured? Or was it the same reasons I listed after Wolves?

Shite in attack, not creating and or wasting the chances we do create, lacking the mental bollocks to actually go out there and win the fucking title, managerial mistakes, inexperience......and so on.

None of that counted around Christmas, so what was the excuse today, after ten days off

Oh shit, son. I'll be honest, I turned it off the second the final whistle went as I couldn't stand to hear that twat crowd celebrate.

Might make for an interesting post match press conference?

I am certain Mike Dean has said something unprofessional when being accosted by Poch because when he went back at him they (Poch and Jesus) were clearly saying "You cant say that" to him and "Say that again for the TV". Wouldn't surprise me as Dean seems like a cunt of the highest order.

If you look at the actual quality of football this season we are so far behind City and Liverpool, it’s amazing that we’ve stayed close to them for so long. A result like this was always coming, when was the last time we flew out of the traps and tore someone apart? We’ve been scrapping away and put half-chances in the net but we haven’t had a top class 90 minutes for months.
Exactly.

Call me negative but I'll concede our title chances this year for a top 4 finish, Champs League win and a PL win next year with a 19-0-0 record in the new stadium.

COYS.

I stepped on an upturned plug this morning. Definitely Levy's fault too.

Back
Top Bottom