Tottenham Hotspur v Chelscum - FA Cup Semi Final

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

3 of the goals were preventable.

Which is where we will learn. If Chelsea had scored 4 goals like Matic's then it's just bad luck. We will learn NOT to fucking leave players on the edge of the box unmarked. Lloris will hopefully learn where to position himself better and Poch will learn not to play attacking players like Son at wing back so they make stupid fouls that lead to the penalty.

We will get there. It's not easy to win cup after cup or even to get to a final. This team is TOO good not to win things. Hell, for the first time in fucking years we have fans of other clubs and pundits all saying the same stuff. We are TOO good not to. Do you know how far we've come in just 2 years? Hell, 2 years ago this result would have been deemed Spursy.

Tonight, it's deemed unlucky.

Fine margins. Just couldn't edge ahead when level and dominating. Think hazards goal was class. Matic goal was a worldie. Both goals were totally against the run of play. That bit of luck was needed. Disappointing but need to get our heads together. Owe ourselves a strong finish. Chelsea are a big game team and we are learning. So hopefully they will slip up against the lower end teams and we can catch em

Fine margins. Just couldn't edge ahead when level and dominating. Think hazards goal was class. Matic goal was a worldie. Both goals were totally against the run of play. That bit of luck was needed. Disappointing but need to get our heads together. Owe ourselves a strong finish. Chelsea are a big game team and we are learning. So hopefully they will slip up against the lower end teams and we can catch em
Our heads aren't anywhere but together they didn't dominate as you said Hazard's goal was class and Matic was a wonder strike, they went 10 men behind the ball for most of the game. They'd be lucky to have another afternoon like that

There are some weak hearts on here, support only when we win
I totally agree. We gave it everything & were the better side in spite of the result. But that counts for fuck all. I actually blame Poch to a degree today. Starting without Davies just to accommodate Son was a mistake. Son has been brilliant but you don't change the formation to squeeze him in the starting XI. That was silly. Son cannot defend. We are going to come back with a win on Wednesday after the chavs draw.

I totally agree. We gave it everything & were the better side in spite of the result. But that counts for fuck all. I actually blame Poch to a degree today. Starting without Davies just to accommodate Son was a mistake. Son has been brilliant but you don't change the formation to squeeze him in the starting XI. That was silly. Son cannot defend. We are going to come back with a win on Wednesday after the chavs draw.
On another day we may have just pulled it off, curious time to experiment but that learning curve provides experience for us all

They parked the bus. The two goals they scored from open play were obviously good but against the run of play.

I thought the referee had a bad game. Luiz seemed to be allowed to commit any number of cynical fouls.

Disappointed to see so many of our 'supporters' leave the stadium around 85 minutes.

Is it possible to give a side a footballing lesson and lose 4-2?

Every time we play Chelsea I hate them more.

That first goal hurt us, seemed like we were playing catch up from then.

To those criticizing the selection, do one. The manager's job is to make big calls. It could so easily have gone the other way.

For 70 minutes we made those cunts look like a pub team.

Now lets win the league. COYS!

Oh Bugger....... Great game and Matics goal was a " you don't save those" strikes.

The lads played well but always chasing the game and the Chavs picked us off with clinical finishing.

Emotional roller coaster and hurts but we hold our heads high and finish the season in 2nd.... amd that would be an achievement in its own right.

COYS

How does fuck off sound? Give them no credit. Matic hit a once in a lifetime screamer. How about giving us credit for our two beauties? Jammy cunts they were today. If you didn't see that, then I'm voting you in the bin.
our 2 goal came from teamplay it was good but you can score those in every match if you have good players and team style .. chelsea was shit but their players scored some good goals and they won it you need to accept the loss some times you dont win every game at the end

but matic goal was a pure beauty and the hazard goal was class tho i could admire eriksen because of his 2 assists but matic goal happens so less so i only gave matic and hazard a credit because of their goals

Back
Top Bottom