Tottenham Hotspur v Chelscum - FA Cup Semi Final

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nothing wrong with that. It's a chant all football fans used to sing, particularly in the 80s. "we'll be running round Wembley with our willies hanging out. Repeat. We'll be running round Wembley, running round Wembley, running round Wembley with our willies hanging out. Singing I've got a bigger one than you. Singing I've got a bigger one than you..." etc

I don't know why it was sung or where it came from but it always used to be sung when a team went to Wembley.

It became, we'll be running round London with our willies hanging out, singing I've got a foreskin, haven't you.

Obviously arsenals way of turning the song back on us lol

Haven't been this nervous before a match for quite some time. Chelsea hardest fixtures are the 2 after the semi, this is going to be a nerve wrecking week all around.

There will be no proper sleep till Sunday at least.
Not sure how I can cope an entire week playing out every possibility for this match in my head.

Sectioned by Friday evening.
giphy.gif

It's all very 1991 isn't it?

Attempting to deny a rival London club the chance of the Double by beating them in the FA Cup Semi Final at Wembley... and yesterday, the 26th anniversary of that goal!

278E168700000578-0-image-a-39_1429012983893.jpg

The Stars are aligning!!

I can remember buying a post card with a picture of Linikar celebrating the 3rd goal, arms aloft and the text was, happy 14th April day (or similar). This was well before 'St Totteringham's Day' invented by Woolwich. My friend sent the cards to all Woolwich supporters he knew the following year ....

Imagine going into the NLD knowing a win could see go top. *

* basing this on the fact of Chelsea dropping points in their next two games.

Atmosphere would be unreal if Everton got something earlier in that day.
Wasn't that the case last season when we drew 2-2?

Wasn't that the case last season when we drew 2-2?

Nah because Leicester played after us and could have ended the game week on top.

If Chelsea drop points at Southampton and Everton and we beat Palace.. we go into the NLD with that game in hand to go above them.

Nothing wrong with that. It's a chant all football fans used to sing, particularly in the 80s. "we'll be running round Wembley with our willies hanging out. Repeat. We'll be running round Wembley, running round Wembley, running round Wembley with our willies hanging out. Singing I've got a bigger one than you. Singing I've got a bigger one than you..." etc

I don't know why it was sung or where it came from but it always used to be sung when a team went to Wembley.

Thanks for clearing that up. I assumed it was just the start of the same one we hear from West Ham fans etc. My bad.

Can't wait for this game.

Do chelsea really want FA over league ? if they can get both it would be majestic for them . i think we will beat them in FA cup and lost the race at league seems more realistic

One game at a time - we need to put all our positive energies into this Semi then worry about the PL after. i personally dont like looking ahead and predicting ifs and buts. Lets see what we are made of on Saturday, can we do it, there is no reason why not. Lets keep the positive football omens on side and not get carried away and look too far ahead.

Just because a player is in form it doesn't mean he must be included by default. We play as a team and the important thing is which team is best for the tie, not which individual player.

That said, I tend to agree with you about the effectiveness of the formation.
'Which team is best for the tie'

the team which involves our 'current' best player..

looked at another thread on there, looks like they are all a bunch of bottlers.
who else is feeling more skeptical about winning the league as each fixture approaches?

I love the way it all changes on there following yesterday's result. Before, it's like

"Spurs could win every game (as unlikely as that is) and still not get anywhere near being champions."

After, lots like this;

"At the moment I feel our only chance to win is that Spurs start to play poorly. Our game has developed worse and worse. It is unbeliavable that we give the tittle away after having ten points lead."

Cunts.

Back
Top Bottom