Tottenham Hotspur V Chelsea

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"Don't say Goodbye...!"
w9c4.jpg

I still can't believe people are putting Holtby on the left wing. I know the concept is good but he was terrible there last year. I don't think that changing the person in the middle will change that.

From AANP: I concur
This second significant test of our season therefore ought to tell us a thing or two about our credentials, as victory against Chelski would not just nudge us topwards for an hour or two, but would also prompt can-cans, fandangos and fancy pirouettes in the streets of N17. In short, win this game and all moderation would be hurled out of the window and told not to return until the tinsel is up.

sync

SPURS VS CHELSEA - OPTA STATS
Posted by Tottenham Hotspur on 27 September 2013 - 13:08

Ahead of Saturday lunchtime’s London derby against Chelsea, here are some OPTA statistics relating to the game...

chelsea-opta.jpg

Chelsea have not failed to score in three successive Premier League away games since April 2002.

The last three competitive meetings between Tottenham and Chelsea have produced a total of 16 goals in total (an average of 5.3 per game).

Tottenham have conceded more Barclays Premier League home goals to Chelsea (38) than any other team.

Chelsea have only conceded 22 goals in 21 Premier League outings at White Hart Lane.

Five of Tottenham’s last six Barclays Premier League games have ended 1-0 (W4 L1).

No team in Europe’s top five leagues has conceded fewer goals than Spurs this season (1).

Spurs have fashioned more goal attempts from open play (60) than any other team this season but have scored only three of them.

None of Chelsea’s strikers have scored a Barclays Premier League goal yet this season.

If this game is a draw then Chelsea will have made the same start as they did in 2007-08 when Jose Mourinho departed after six Premier League matches.

Chelsea haven’t scored more than two goals in any of their last 11 Premier League games.

• Spurs have conceded 1 goal in their last 987 minutes in all competitions.
  • None of Chelsea’s strikers have scored a Premier League goal this season.

I'm expecting: Headless defending, Caught on the counter attack time after time, greedy shoot on sight policy, panicked passing under opposition pressure.... And then after my sons Under 10's game we'll be racing home to watch us stuff Chelsea 10-0.

I'm expecting: Headless defending, Caught on the counter attack time after time, greedy shoot on sight policy, panicked passing under opposition pressure.... And then after my sons Under 10's game we'll be racing home to watch us stuff Chelsea 10-0.
You had me there

I have massive reservations about playing Townsend in this one, I know he's a Yid and all and probably wants it more than anyone, but I don't think we can afford to have him wasting possession by (a) trying unnecessary shots, (b) trying to beat too many players to get into a shooting position. Holtby, Eriksen, Lamela or Siggy are all capable of taking on those shots too, but have more variety to their game. With the sluggishness of Terry and the positional fuckwittery of Luiz, Mourinho would probably be more than happy to see Townsend hit everything from 25 yards rather than slipping little passes into the box for Soldado to get free or someone to get brought down/sent off.

Of course, if Townsend buries one from 25 yards, I'll be celebrating like a loon and proclaiming my love for the man.

I have massive reservations about playing Townsend in this one, I know he's a Yid and all and probably wants it more than anyone, but I don't think we can afford to have him wasting possession by (a) trying unnecessary shots, (b) trying to beat too many players to get into a shooting position. Holtby, Eriksen, Lamela or Siggy are all capable of taking on those shots too, but have more variety to their game. With the sluggishness of Terry and the positional fuckwittery of Luiz, Mourinho would probably be more than happy to see Townsend hit everything from 25 yards rather than slipping little passes into the box for Soldado to get free or someone to get brought down/sent off.

Of course, if Townsend buries one from 25 yards, I'll be celebrating like a loon and proclaiming my love for the man.
I want to see him on the left one time and let him assist Goldado with a cross.

Back
Top Bottom