Tottenham Hotspur V Chelsea

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not at all confident, especially when we seem to be favourites for this one. I really want to win this one, I just hope the players want it as much, but don't freeze on the day.
Article in Evening Standard suggests that this game has taken over as the game Spurs supporters really want to win.
I will admit that I have always like Jose and would have loved him to come to Spurs. But I have really gone off him, his recent shenanigans, especially his behaviour re the Willian signing, show a distinct lack of class. Let's hope AVB is the happier Portuguese tomorrow.

London, Belfast ... you lucky bastards :p

Anyone in New York? I know we have O'Casey's, but it was so crowded last time I went I couldn't see anything (ah, the perils of being short :().

A win for Andre Villas Boas would not only make a massive statement for his revamped, £100 million Spurs side ... but ...

It would ease the Portuguese out of the shadow of his former boss Jose Mourinho.

It would mark that Spurs squad - with eight wins in nine games with just one goal conceded so far this season - down as the real deal.

It would stick a finger in the eye of Roman Abramovich who sacked AVB at the first sign of trouble two seasons ago.

It would see Villas Boas, very much the apprentice up until now, outfox the master, the Special One.

It would laugh at the decision of former Shakhtar Donetsk winger Willian to ditch his medical and snub Spurs for Chelsea as soon as the west Londoners lifted their footballing skirt high above the knee

It would see Tottenham, with their subsequent signing of the brilliant Christian Eriksen (at a third of the price of £30million Willian) get the last laugh.

It would render irrelevant Mourinho's refusal to sell Juan Mata to Spurs - after the Special One claimed Manchester United should stop being so afraid to pack Wayne Rooney off to London.

If Paulinho were to out-Lampard Frank Lampard and grab a decisive goal from midfield it would be excellent for English football.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelsea-tottenham-go-head-to-head-more-2311149

Last edited:
F1-Grand-Prix-of-Monaco-Race-1913166.jpg

WALKER TEXAS RANGER (Chuck Norris)
Walker-walker-texas-ranger-7985501-384-288.jpg

SPURS MANAGER (AVB)

Last edited:
I'm not at all confident, especially when we seem to be favourites for this one. I really want to win this one, I just hope the players want it as much, but don't freeze on the day.
Article in Evening Standard suggests that this game has taken over as the game Spurs supporters really want to win.
I will admit that I have always like Jose and would have loved him to come to Spurs. But I have really gone off him, his recent shenanigans, especially his behaviour re the Willian signing, show a distinct lack of class. Let's hope AVB is the happier Portuguese tomorrow.
I think we are right to be favorites tomorrow Mrs P! AVB, has not only bought class, but characters as well! Players with a "quiet" arrogance/self-belief! For the first time in many a year, even if Chelski score first tomorrow, my heart
and my head will not sink (85-90+ minute aside) we have muscle, pace and grace now. And the players know this.
The terraces know this. And Chelski and all associated with, will know this, come 2.30 ish tomorrow! Not only will we win, but by a 2 goal margin, at least!

Rest easy Mrs P!

COYS!!

Shit ... Mata did bad things to us last time:avbshock:
But on the other hand ... I would love beating their absolute strongest side. :avbpray:

Spurs have created more goalscoring opportunities (74) in the five matches played so far than any other Premier League club this season...

A5390_zpscba76e79.jpg

...But our goal conversion rate of just 6.8% is the worst in the League
FFS.... So if we had Stoke's strike force we'd have 37 goals by now.

:avbshock:

Or even just their conversion rate

I want lots of passion and aggression on the pitch.

Lloris
Walker Dawson Vertonghen Rose
Paulinho Dembele
Sigurdsson Eriksen Holtby
Soldado​
I want goals and I want Chelsea tears.

Soggy has been pretty useless playing on the right. With out options playing on the right side I don't want to see him there. I'd be fine with him playing on the left but I'd rather see Townsend or Lamela at RW

Back
Top Bottom