Tottenham Hotspur v Hull City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bentaleb is a direct replacement for missing MF players. He is fortunate that we have injuries at the moment. As soon as all are fit, he will be keeping the subs bench warm again. Good result today , could have won it, luck was against us. they had thier chances also.

Not looking too good for fourth anyway (taken from someone on twitter)

BfaBSi2CcAEGCo6.jpg

Although *HOPEFULLY* pool'll get mulled tomorrow

Not looking too good for fourth anyway (taken from someone on twitter)

BfaBSi2CcAEGCo6.jpg

Although *HOPEFULLY* pool'll get mulled tomorrow
Ifs and buts. Give it a few games and these statistics won't mean anything. All you can do is try to win every game. Especially both against Eve and the Pool.

Ifs and buts. Give it a few games and these statistics won't mean anything. All you can do is try to win every game. Especially both against Eve and the Pool.

That's how I felt before we spent most of today 1-0 down against Hull....

On stats:

The one that sticks out at me is 65% possession (or so), yet 77% pass completion (you expect it to be around 83-85%).

That rings true with what I saw: Hull were desperate for us to beat them, letting us carve them open all over the pitch, but instead of bad finishing (and there was that, but not as much as in those AVB era 20+ shot matches), it was giving the ball over cheaply outside the box that dropped us points.

Simply put, we shouldn't be having that much possession yet that poor team passing. It suggests that if our passing was tighter, we would have run absolutely riot.

On Betaleb, I appreciate the point @ JDK JDK is making. The City match was similar: he had a decent completion rate (58/69 passing vs. 41/51) and was the most accomplished passer in the match for Spurs.

HOWEVER. The question that I think the Bentaleb critics are implicitly asking is the one I'll pose explicitly here: why is so much of our offense running through him in the first place?

In the closing minutes, it was Bentaleb who was playing the Modrić-y role of recycling balls that didn't find openings in the box. He'd play a through ball in, get it back, play it in again.

Basically, he was doing what I thought Eriksen should have been doing. Or even Holtby, if he were still with us.

Bentaleb is a lot of things, but the solution to the old, Modrić-sized hole in our offense isn't one. And TS needs to see that. So either we find another Modrić (Eriksen?) or change shape so we don't rely on that type of hub-type player.

I would have been equally irritated if I had seen Capoue or Sandro's being asked to start scoring opportunities like Bentaleb was.

Soldado ... shit game; running out of excuses for him.

Lennon ... very average player in the center(where he was a lot), just as he's very average on the wings.

Bentaleb ... he's a good player; I like what he does, but his place in the team may correlate why teams can find a way to dissect us centrally.

Dawson ... are we ever going to move on from this fella?

Oh and for Timmy ... this continuous first half slacking is costing us points. Sort it out.

Last edited:
Romanian press:
Vlad Chiriches receive fine from the ownboard of Tottenham 60.000 Eur,and was punished,remaining out for the game vs Hull City (this is the real reason why he remained out from the squad,he's not injured),after that drink session night in Bucharest,Tim Sherwood defending him,but the Daniel Levy (ownboard) said "Vlad affected the image of the club being drunk (negative image)"

Romanian press:
Vlad Chiriches receive fine from the ownboard of Tottenham 60.000 Eur,and was punished,remaining out for the game vs Hull City (this is the real reason why he remained out from the squad,he's not injured),after that drink session night in Bucharest,Tim Sherwood defending him,but the Daniel Levy (ownboard) said "Vlad affected the image of the club being drunk (negative image)"
Yeah, that's never happened before......

ledleyking.jpg

:avbcringe:

Romanian press:
You know that it's a made up story with the line "Daniel Levy said"...............he never says anything.

Hull are the most sold out club I've ever come across.

"The Tiger's first sub - Going off, sponsored by ........ Ahmed Elmohamedy. Replacing him, sponsored by ......... Robert Koren."

"Today's half time entertainment is brought to you by Cash Converters."

"We will have 3 minutes of added time, sponsored by........."

"Today's 'sponsor's name' Man of the Match".

"Today's official attendance is 24,###, and that figure is brought to you by............"

Plenty more I've forgotten too. It really was laughable.

Hull are the most sold out club I've ever come across.

"The Tiger's first sub - Going off, sponsored by ........ Ahmed Elmohamedy. Replacing him, sponsored by ......... Robert Koren."

"Today's half time entertainment is brought to you by Cash Converters."

"We will have 3 minutes of added time, sponsored by........."

"Today's 'sponsor's name' Man of the Match".

"Today's official attendance is 24,###, and that figure is brought to you by............"

Plenty more I've forgotten too. It really was laughable.

Meat pies sponsered by a Local rescue dogs home?

Back
Top Bottom