Tottenham Hotspur v Hull City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

AVB would have been hung drawn and quartered by some on here if he was playing bentaleb week in week out. Don't get me wrong he is not a bad player but we are challenging for top 4 ffs. Would he get into liverpools , man utd's or everton's team every week. And before anyone says 'yeah but we have injuries ' we have just let a much better player go on loan to Fulham and an experienced French midfielder sitting on our bench and you just know that when sandro and dembele are fit bentaleb will still be playing

Because he did nothing of note yet again and we have other options on the bench

He was the closest we got to scoring a winner and certainly was on the ball the most of anyone. You can blame Sherwood for a fair amount today but Bentaleb was very good (in comparison) when you are looking at it without bias. He was certainly more influential than Paulinho minus the goal.

I watched him closely the whole match and he did absolutely nothing. He didn't attack, he didn't defend. He was just running around aimlessly.
not true actually - he played one of the best passes in the game out to Rose on the left side of the hull penalty area - who wasted it
had a much more adventurous game today

So odd not to use any subs, can understand not making any when the team is playing well but should of changed around on the 60min mark.:harryhmm:

Can't stand it when people say "At least x lost" etc.

We just draw to Hull, I couldn't care less about United at this moment in time, we should be beating Hull comfortably regardless of what other teams are doing.

We have what 1 player who's a competent crosser of the ball, we looked absolutely dreadful defensively, and got a goal with a speculative effort that rolled in to the feet of Paulinho.

I'll stick by TS to the very end, as should everyone else, but that was shambolic today and we have already lost our chance to bring someone else in - which we needed to do.

Last edited:
Something is not right at the club at the moment.

Timmeh not interested in offered players despite the obvious holes we have. Using no subs.

Smells of internal politics to me

Man U lost to a fortunate bounce and a goal Adam could never produce again. But what they have done is looked to address their biggest weakness. We allow it to fester every January.
Their biggest weakness is a decent CM not another attacker,mata is a great player but for me it was a panic buy.They should have gone for someone like cabaye imo.
Plus despite our continued shoddyness being a northerner i take great pleasure in the current state of the red scum after listening to their gloating fans on a daily basis for the past 20 years

He was the closest we got to scoring a winner and certainly was on the ball the most of anyone. You can blame Sherwood for a fair amount today but Bentaleb was very good (in comparison) when you are looking at it without bias. He was certainly more influential than Paulinho minus the goal.
Wow, we must have watched different games - I saw a player who continuously misplaced passes, was muscled off the ball and only played 5-yarder side ways taps, too scared not to do something wrong

Back
Top Bottom