Tottenham Hotspur v. Internazionale (Home), 7 Mar 2013 20:05

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I like that commentary, I'd love to know what he's saying.:)

It's right that we should be odds on for tonight, I expect us to win and think we will.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huang_Jianxiang

World Cup Commentary 2006 Incident

[edit] The incident

On June 26, 2006, during the FIFA World Cup match between Italy and Australia, as the on-field commentator of CCTV, Huang Jianxiang unexpectedly revealed his pro-Italian bias in an anti-Australian rant while commentating on the last minutes of a live match broadcast to many millions in China.[1][2] This commentary has been compared to Bjørge Lillelien's "Your boys took one hell of a beating". He shouted himself hoarse in the process, and celebrated the Socceroos' exit from the Cup:
... "Penalty! Penalty! Penalty! Grosso's done it! Grosso's done it! Don't give the Australians any chance."
... "The great Italian left back! He succeeded in the glorious traditions of Italy! Facchetti, Cabrini and Maldini, their souls are infused in him at this moment! Grosso represents the long history and traditions of Italian soccer; he's not fighting alone at this moment! He's not alone!!"
... "Totti, Totti is facing the spot kick. He is facing the expectations from Italian soccer fans all over the world."
... "Schwarzer has saved two spot kicks in the World Cup qualifying tournaments, both of these were during the playoffs of the world cup qualification. Totti should have known this. Will he still be able to face the man in front of him with a smile? How about his expression after 10 seconds?"
... "Goooooal! Game over! Italy win! Beat the Socceroos! They do not fall in front of Hiddink again! Italy the great! Italian left back the great! Long live Italy! Happy birthday to Maldini!! Forza Italia!!"
... "He didn't let the Italians down. This penalty kick was an absolute one-off! Absolute one-off! Italy have made the final eight!"
... "The victory belongs to Italy, to Grosso, to Cannavaro, to Zambrotta, to Buffon, to Maldini, to everyone who loves Italian soccer!!"
... "The hell with them!" (Background voice)
... "The Socceroos might regret, Hiddink! He played too conservatively and too calmly with one more player (than Italy) in the second half, he lost all his courage. Faced with the long history and traditions of Italian soccer, he didn't attack as fiercely as he did in the group matches. He finally reaped fruits which he had sown! They should go home. They don't need to go as far away as Australia as most of them are living in Europe. Farewell!"

They're in turmoil, 6 youth players over

That could go either way. They could be hungry and eager to impress. Or they could wilt under the pressure from a hopefully partisan crowd who are well up for it.

I would prefer this to their seasoned regulars though.

A three goal cushion would be nice.

That could go either way. They could be hungry and eager to impress. Or they could wilt under the pressure from a hopefully partisan crowd who are well up for it.

I would prefer this to their seasoned regulars though.

A three goal cushion would be nice.

The last time there manager managed against us, it was next gen, he lost 7-1
Best player hates manager
Italian Woolwich
Lots of youngens over

We should win, but then again we are tottenham :avbfacepalm::defoe:

But seriously, 2-0 win.

Okay okay okay, will calm down.

tumblr_mj5nxxKONB1rfduvxo1_250.gif

The last time there manager managed against us, it was next gen, he lost 7-1
Best player hates manager
Italian Woolwich
Lots of youngens over
We should win, but then again we are tottenham :avbfacepalm::defoe:

But seriously, 2-0 win.
It all means nothing. They are still a very good team. Not very consistent though.

I love how when he starts speaking in Italian like its nothing, he has a little smirk on his face as if to say "yeah your impressed"
:avbdamn:

I'm sure that in the last couple of games Brad has played he has at the very least made an effort to adapt his style. He's never going to play like Hugo and maybe his instinct will always be to stay back, but I have definitely seen him come out to the ball at times where I assumed he wouldn't.

I may have imagined it.

:harryhmm:

As second choice keepers go though, he's still a beast.

:brad:

As second choice keepers go though, he's still a beast.

:brad:

He is a cracking shot stopper, but personally, I would rather we have someone a little more dynamic and similar to Lloris as a backup. I've nothing against Friedel, he was Immense last year. But it's more logical to have a like for like replacement in the wings if your first choice is unavailable. Obviously we aren't going to have someone of Hugo's quality willing to sit on the bench all the time and wait in the wings, but maybe a young keeper under Lloris' wing being developed next season with Friedel moving into a coaching role.

Back
Top Bottom