Tottenham Hotspur v Limassol (2nd Leg) Europe League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Townsend in the England squad. Now come on I'm Spurs through a stick of rock but I find it hard to believe he's international class. Doh! Forgot my country is bare of real talent. On the plus side he can keep out the tramline runners Walcunt & Oxen

Interesting to note, how relaxed the crowd seems at the Lane.
attitude has totally changed for the better

I agree totally, last season it was awful and this season it's like we're back to ourselves at last. Clapping encouragement and praise to the players who are all working hard and you can tell it builds the confidence of the players so much.
Last season I dreaded playing the bigger teams but now I feel totaly ok about it. I know that should be lose a game now it wont be for lack of trying or geting the tactics seriously wrong. No manager coming up againt us will be saying to his players before the game, "here's an easy target". Really looking forward to the game against Liverpool and despite all the games we've played already Poch has used the squad wisely so should be no hangover from midweek.

??? The first half was like watching paint dry. The second got better but when you compare to the dynamism of Sunday (you clearly didnt watch it) it was fucking drab.

Sideways tastic.

Yes I watched the QPR game and despite the massive amount of changes last night, I thought we pressed hard, the DM was getting stuck in all over the place (only Limassol but still Sandros best game in over a year) and we were carving them open at will.

AVB style? You're off your head pal!

Lane was a morgue tonight, except for when we scored and of course the AEL lot who didn't stop all game.

I thought it was better than it often is for those kind of games. Never gonna be great for games against teams like that because of the amount of people who rarely go to the Lane, choosing these games due to 20 quid tickets. Quite a lot of people leaving with 20 minutes left. Families in park lane etc.

AEL fans were good in that European way, constant singing but it just becomes a constant dreary din IMO, like traffic noise. Seems less about supporting their team, really, as if they're barely even watching the match.

The Asian bloke from Eastenders was near me, he plays the dad of a gay son, not sure what his name is in it. He left with his group on about 60 odd minutes I think! A bloke from The Bill was nearby as well, think he stayed till the end.

Fell asleep during the second half (blatant 'I own a couch', etc.)

Saw the highlights this morning - great to see Paulinho on the score-sheet and hopefully back in the starting 11 where he rightfully belongs

laboured, sluggish, dominant, bossed possession....basically an AVB performance
The difference between last night and Tottenham under AVB is how quickly we won back the ball, with everyone closing down quickly.

I agree we were a bit slow in the build-up and some of our decision-making remains poor - when to shoot and when to pass being the most obvious.

Lane was a morgue tonight, except for when we scored and of course the AEL lot who didn't stop all game.

We keep seeing European supporters especially the eastern lot do that all the time, best was the Zagreb lot a few years back when we thumped them 4-0, sang from before kickoff until after the final whistle non-stop. Wish that kind of support existed in the UK.

Yes I watched the QPR game and despite the massive amount of changes last night, I thought we pressed hard, the DM was getting stuck in all over the place (only Limassol but still Sandros best game in over a year) and we were carving them open at will.

AVB style? You're off your head pal!

Agreed. We pressed far more effectively than any AVB game.

I thought it was a decent performance, especially considering only one or two of those who played are anywhere near the first choice eleven, Hugo aside. Comfortable winners, never in doubt and some of the players linked with being moved on at least tried. Paulinho in particular looked hungry to impress and Sandro played well in the second half.

For me though it was the pressing, as noted by others. If we lost the ball or they had possession our players were closing down instantly and the second goal came because Vlad made a challenge on the edge of their box. High line or what? ;)

Townsend in the England squad. Now come on I'm Spurs through a stick of rock but I find it hard to believe he's international class. Doh! Forgot my country is bare of real talent. On the plus side he can keep out the tramline runners Walcunt & Oxen

England call ups will keep his confidence high but also maintain his market value.

Keep calling him up woy.

I thought we played well. Not necessarily an entertaining game but we had a job to do and we did it well. I thought everyone played well - especially Kane, Chiriches and the two CMs. Most disappointing was Lennon. Forgot he was on the pitch for 95% of the game.

Absolute worst thing about this game: - Clarke fucking Carlisle. My word his commentary is the worst thing in the world. I just want to punch his voice until I never have to hear it again.

I thought we played well. Not necessarily an entertaining game but we had a job to do and we did it well. I thought everyone played well - especially Kane, Chiriches and the two CMs. Most disappointing was Lennon. Forgot he was on the pitch for 95% of the game.

Absolute worst thing about this game: - Clarke fucking Carlisle. My word his commentary is the worst thing in the world. I just want to punch his voice until I never have to hear it again.

The game is about glory, to dare is to do and that's what the beast does best.

It's like he was just spouting Spurs clichés.

Back
Top Bottom