Tottenham Hotspur v Man City (2/2/2020)(4.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fair enough. Then why did we not sign somebody who is?

Manchester United’s big striker signing was Igahlo from the Chinese league. Chelsea signed nobody and so did we. January is not the time to spend big on strikers. We tried but all we could find was cloggers that were being quoted at £25m.

Piatek ended up at Hertha Berlin which tells you his real level.

Sanchez was our best player at the Etihad, I’m not really worried about that. I’m worried about De Bruyne walking past our midfield. Winks needs to always be within 2 yards of him at all times.

Pep has taken pity on us by not starting either of the Silvas, so we need to try and hurt them before they enter the pitch.

I think it’s going to pan out one of two ways...

Either Mourinho is just managing his minutes until he’s absolutely sure that Ndombele is fully fit and ready.

Or Mourinho has identified Ndombele as his ‘Luke Shaw’ style player, who he will just refuse to play to make an example out of him and thus completely alienate the player to a point where it seems impossible for him to succeed here.
I'm pretty sure it's the former. He's been in the last 2 squads, I think. You wouldn't waste that space if you weren't potentially going to use him.

Lol Woolwich have won 6 out of 25 games. Norwich and Watford are the only teams that have have won fewer games. I know we're shite too but holy fook watching Arse this season has been hilarious.

That’d be the most optimistic way to look at it, which is why I’m choosing to believe it’s the case.

That‘s the only way to look at it. Ndombele’s body has repeatedly shown that it can’t endure too much football of this intensity at the moment. Lo Celso is playing well now so there is no need to rush him. When he is ready to start, he will start.

Both Poch and Mou questioned his fitness and it’s clearly a massive issue. Give the lad time to adjust.

I think Mourinho made a bet with Levy that he could mention the lack of a target man up front in every press conference for the rest of the season. Should be fun.

Because quality strikers don't grow on trees. Shut your cunt mouth.
Hahahah. So you’re saying there was not ONE striker, in world football that we could have signed that would have helped us while our ONLY striker and most important player is out for essentially the rest of the season?
Bearing in mind that this is an issue we’ve been trying to solve for absolutely ages, and thus you would imagine our scouting/recruitment team would have had some idea how to solve it.

Clown.

Sanchez was our best player at the Etihad, I’m not really worried about that. I’m worried about De Bruyne walking past our midfield. Winks needs to always be within 2 yards of him at all times.

Pep has taken pity on us by not starting either of the Silvas, so we need to try and hurt them before they enter the pitch.
He probably thinks his team is good enough to beat us without them two

Hahahah. So you’re saying there was not ONE striker, in world football that we could have signed that would have helped us while our ONLY striker and most important player is out for essentially the rest of the season?
Bearing in mind that this is an issue we’ve been trying to solve for absolutely ages, and thus you would imagine our scouting/recruitment team would have had some idea how to solve it.

Clown.

You're an idiot. Don't ever post on here again you gooner loving maggot.

Manchester United’s big striker signing was Igahlo from the Chinese league. Chelsea signed nobody and so did we. January is not the time to spend big on strikers. We tried but all we could find was cloggers that were being quoted at £25m.

Piatek ended up at Hertha Berlin which tells you his real level.
Yes, but Chelsea or United did not need to sign one so desperately as their main source of goals is not out for the rest of the season. I’m not saying we could have signed the ultimate striker, but to sign no one at all, on loan or otherwise, is criminal, particularly as our manager has been literally crying out for one at every press conference.

Clown.
Ok, Tom, name the strikers please...

Who would be your resolution?

Personally I would've preferred a holding midfielder instead of Gedson. We were never finding a proper backup striker in January anyway.

Back
Top Bottom