Tottenham Hotspur v Man City [UCL QF] - Tuesday, April 9th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"Oh what a night"
"Guido's battered on a Tuesday night"

What a game.
What a stadium.
What a team.
What a brilliant set of supporters, all four side rocking for the entire game!
WInks MOTM
Sissoko not far behind
Rose was superb as too were Toby & Jan.

You don't get this in Woolwich or Manchester, City fans are shite!

What the fuck does Fernandinho have to do to actually get booked? Decapitate a player?

Up The Spurs!!!!!

Just got home - well worth the 6 hours of driving!

The two city guys who caught a lift, were totally blown away by our new gaff, and said we were so loud, they had to shout at each other to hear what they were saying. Hope it came across well on the telly.

Mature performance, loved it.

Always a pleasure, Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor 😉

What an odious Turd that man is becoming.. His tactics weren’t exactly out of the ‘ outstanding football’ manual. Little niggly fouls, target Kane, dive dive dive at all costs.. you lost you overrated piece of shit so shut your stupid pie hole and deal with it..

Calling Tottenham Hotspur the Harry Kane team for me is so disrespectful not just to our current players & manager but to all of those that represented us in the past and it smacked of arrogance and tackiness beyond belief. Haven't had time for him since, you can see the worm and his sickly image of himself when he's talking, even if the words he's saying make for respectful and humble listening.

Absolutely loved that the Harry Kane team beat him with no Harry Kane playing at the time. Equally love how much of a class act our gaffer is, it's all sincere with Poch. The same can't be said of the weasel in the opposite dugout. I'd love to fuck up his and the oil moneys dream of the quadruple which, I honestly think would be a sad day for football if ever they do it.

Some recap this from BT - shots not used on tele and shots of crowd during game as well as highlights, commentary and just the crowd noise in places

Looks like there is going to be a Tifo type thing in the South Stand tomorrow.

Just received this email.

2. Help us start the match with a clear message of intent

All ticket holders in the South Stand will find a coloured, 100% recyclable plastic bag on their seat upon arrival. By holding the bag up with the plain side facing towards the pitch as the teams enter the field of play, we shall display a motif of our ‘To Dare Is To Do’ motto that will fill the entire South Stand – providing an unforgettable visual impact.

We kindly ask for your co-operation for a total of 60 seconds to create an iconic image that will be seen around the world – once again showcasing our new home in all its glory

GEEEET THE FUCK IIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNN

Sonny you absolutely fucking beautiful cunt.

Kyle Walker is shit.

Mauricio Pochettino is magic.

Christian needs to be taken off of set pieces.

Huuuuuuuuuugoooooo!!

I can’t even have a go at Tripps.

And as for Moussa. Who needs Dembélé!? What a fucking hero.

Thing thing I like most is....

Yes I’m a bit pissed.

Winks with the usual restrained celebrations...
D3vZW_zXoAIFaTb.jpg:large
I fucking love Harry Winks.

What a night, what an result what an atmosphere..
That new stadium is off the scale.. Best rendition of oh when the spurs, I’ve EVER heard, it was round the 80 min mark..wow, made the hairs on the back of your neck stand up..

Harry looks done for the season which is a shame but we do tend to step it up when he’s missing. Keeping that clean sheet was vital.
VAR has done us over yet again, I can’t remember one VAR decision going for us?

I’ve never really bothered about Man City before but last night they really pissed me off, such a snide dirty team. Was lovely getting one over them.
Lot of work left to do but a nice early goal is what we need to turn this into a tie win..

Team were brilliant, manager was brilliant and certainly the fans were brilliant. Amazing night..

It was such a bipolar evening. we had 2 big screens, one with Spurs on it and the other with news and the election results coming in.
Kane was injured and we started thinking it was fucking over, we we're looking stretched. Winks and Sissoko were fighting like it's Dday.
Suddenly Son scored and we erupted but on the other screen as results were pouring in it was clear that the anti-democratic coalition had a majority. we just stood there 9 spurs supporters still embraced but really wary.
The final whistle saw a huge exclaim of joy but we quickly each fucked off back home.

It was like living in 2 bodies at the same time, one was at the Lane bouncing the other was here.

Onward and upwards.

I have been lurking in this forum for years, never bothering to register and post, until I saw your message. That is exactly what happened to me last night, having my hart broken seeing what a coalition of hateful religious fanatics has won our elections, looking at my toddlers sleeping in their beds and thinking hard about what sort of country will they grow up in....but then this magical game happened, and Son scored, and the world was not so bad anymore, if only for a little while. Thank you, Spurs, thank you football!

Back
Top Bottom