Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester City | Premier League | 21st November @ 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Got a feeling Jose will go for the 'fastest' back 4 we have against this mob.
Players that know how to find an achilles tendon rather than a pin point pass.
A south american git on the wind up (Bale will be needed against Finland, so expect him rested).

Lloris
Aurier Sanchez Tanganga Reguilon
Sissoko Hojbjerg
Ndombele
Lamela Kane Son

Tanganga hasn't played much so could easily see Alderweireld in that spot. Otherwise this is pretty much what I would expect to see.

Yeah we can beat them too. Expect City to come at us hard and fast from the start.. IF we can soak it up and break the game down to a non footballing event by the 70th minute or so - bring on Bale to score a winning bicycle kick or something.

A south american git on the wind up (Bale will be needed against Finland, so expect him rested).

Lloris
Sissoko Hojbjerg
Ndombele
Lamela Kane Son

Tanganga hasn't played much so could easily see Alderweireld in that spot. Otherwise this is pretty much what I would expect to see.

Yeah we can beat them too. Expect City to come at us hard and fast from the start.. IF we can soak it up and break the game down to a non footballing event by the 70th minute or so - bring on Bale to score a winning bicycle kick or something.

No chance.

He'd probably prefer a low block with our strongest defence as opposed to a quicker back four with Hojbjerg dropping in.

Yeah, I can't see Sanchez getting within an inch of this team for the foreseeable future. I think Rodon and Tanganga are ahead of him in the pecking order.

Even then, I think Jose won't deviate from the Alder-Dier CB pairing.

Lloris
Sissoko Hojbjerg
Ndombele
Lamela Kane Son

With that back line, we will need to score 6 !

I'm ridiculously excited for this match, most I've been up for one in a while. I think because of the combination of post-international break syndrome, excitement for Bale coming back to fitness and tantalizing us with dreams of the Son-Kane-Bale attack, and the fact that if we win we could go top of the league.

Putting all of that in print about Spurs, of course, means I'm absolutely bricking it now.

Got given an appointment for an MRI scan today. It's for 3.30 on Saturday. Half an hour scan, 45 minutes minimum from home. It's going to be touch and bloody go whether I'm back in time. I hope COVID age appointments are more prompt than they were BC. It has been known to be waiting an hour and a half past your appointment time!
:mourcry:

Got given an appointment for an MRI scan today. It's for 3.30 on Saturday. Half an hour scan, 45 minutes minimum from home. It's going to be touch and bloody go whether I'm back in time. I hope COVID age appointments are more prompt than they were BC. It has been known to be waiting an hour and a half past your appointment time!
:mourcry:
Best of luck mate !

Jesus
Sterling - de Bruyne - Torres
Foden - Rodri
Cancelo - Laporte - Dias - Walker
Ederson
Most City fans WANT this line-up on Saturday - but a lot of them seem to think that Guardiola is so unpredictable that after Foden and Torres scored 5 goals between them this week on international duty, he'd probably end up starting Gundogan and Mahrez instead.

Personally, I think a midfield of Hojbjerg, Ndombele and Sissoko could eat that midfield alive. I'd honestly love Jose to just be brave and play Ndombele and Lo Celso in front of Hojbjerg for this one. Two players who love to play football in front of someone who loves to tackle - it's not like Lo Celso isn't a hard working player who likes to put a foot in either.

They are beatable.

Last edited:
I think the team picks itself (barring any unknown injuries):

Lloris
Aurier -- Toby -- Dier -- Reguilon
Sissoko -- Hojberg
Ndombele
Lucas ----------------Son
Kane
Don't think Bale is up to the pace of this one from the start so it will be Lucas or Lamela.
Lamela had a knock recently so who knows. Bergjwin could have been in with a shout but he was also injured recently.

I think RW is the only position that's in doubt.

Had a dream last night where we were 1 nil down inside 5 mins in typical Spurs vs City fashion but hopefully we see a solid defensive performance.

I'm excited to see us play a 'big' team that will leave space to counter in after 3 games on the trot grinding to wins against shitmunchers.

Feeling quietly confident about this one.

Back
Top Bottom