Tottenham Hotspur v Newcastle United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With no FA cup game to worry about on the w'end can see TS playing a largely unchanged team.
Questions could be asked if TS would give Aaron Lennon a rest given he looks jaded even though the game schedule has not been that heavy.
Given all Newc injury, suspension and non-cabaye issues we should win.

Kind of get the feeling with all of Newcastle's injuries they might just pack their box, hopefully the Geordies will come out all guns blazing as but the looks of things they have no guns any more and we should be able to pick off their second rate back line.

Lucky to be playing Newcastle now. Cabaye gone, Tiote and Coloccini injured and Remy suspended with Gouffran and Cisse major doubts for the game.

Cue a hat-trick from Shola Ameobi and a brace from De Jong on his full home debut.

In all seriousness as long as Krul doesn't have another worldie and Ben Arfa doesn't have his 1 in 20 exceptional games we should be good. Sissoko is the main threat as he's now playing further forward.
Good summary. Now I'd like to see the above represented in graph, please.

Last edited:
Good summary. Now I'd like tot see the above represented in graph, please.

16731277-abstract-heart-beats-cardiogram-illustration-middle-finger-sign.jpg

I would seriously consider starting Chadli and Townsend for this - Lennon has been pretty anonymous recently and Lamela has obviously been deported... Chadli will track back and help Rose, he's decent in the air and can put a good cross in as well.

Something like this:

931316_Tottenham_Hotspur.jpg

Obviously won't happen and Bentaleb will start - I'm not saying he isn't playing well enough; he's a tidy player and he definitely has an engine, but I don't think just sticking him in blindly as the first name on the sheet every game is necessarily helping the team at the moment.

We've got to come out of the blocks faster too, it's concerning that Tim needs to give a half time bollocking to get the lads firing when they should be at it from the start.

I would seriously consider starting Chadli and Townsend for this - Lennon has been pretty anonymous recently and Lamela has obviously been deported... Chadli will track back and help Rose, he's decent in the air and can put a good cross in as well.

Something like this:

931316_Tottenham_Hotspur.jpg

Obviously won't happen and Bentaleb will start - I'm not saying he isn't playing well enough; he's a tidy player and he definitely has an engine, but I don't think just sticking him in blindly as the first name on the sheet every game is necessarily helping the team at the moment.

We've got to come out of the blocks faster too, it's concerning that Tim needs to give a half time bollocking to get the lads firing when they should be at it from the start.

Tim will fit Paulinho, Dembele and Bentaleb into a first XI always

well a bit more info on Newcastle's injury situation.
Their number one goal scorer Remy is still out because of ban. They sold their key playmaker Cabaye to PSG, another blow to them.Their midfield enforcer Tiote is still out because of an injury. Their first choice left back Debuchy limped off against Chelsea. They are also missing colocini in central defence.Late fitness test for goufrran and cisse, two other important players for them.

So I can't really see them coming at us, they will probably have ten men behind the ball like they did at WHL.

So strategically we need to control the midfield. Exploit their problems in the middle of the park. Let Townsend loose on the right hand flank. I'd still have eriksen on the left because he might have trouble affecting the game centrally because of Newcastle's physical style. I reckon start Sigurdsson Behind Adebayor. Also field Capoue to shield the back 4 and break up counter attacks from newcastle. Do not leave calamity Dawson is 1 vs 1 against the quicker sissoko.I also think a few players won't turn up after sunday ,in particular Dembele and maybe Adebayor?

4-2-3-1
Walker Dawson Vertonghen Rose
---------Bentaleb---Capoue---------
Townsend--Paulinho---Eriksen
------------Adebayor---------------

No matter what team we play against someone always says that *This person vs Dawson* is a nightmare show waiting to happen.

Im sure if even we played Leyton Orient, someone would say Dawson Vs Kevin Lisbie is a mis match.

Getting tedious.

Im hoping that Sherwood takes a fucking hint now and doesnt start Bentaleb away at the barcodes. Also playing Dembelle further up the pitch than Paulhino baffles me.

All i would like to see is Ade up top, Eriksen in the hole. He has been our most creative player in that position so again no idea why he started on the left.

Townsend to start possibly (and be told which flank hes playing on before he gets on the pitch this time)

No matter what team we play against someone always says that *This person vs Dawson* is a nightmare show waiting to happen.

Im sure if even we played Leyton Orient, someone would say Dawson Vs Kevin Lisbie is a mis match.

Getting tedious.

Yeah, but that Kevin Lisbie can be a right handful.

I liked the 433 set up against Everton, would give it a try again.

Lloris
Walker Dawson Vertonghen Rose
Paulinho Capoue Dembele
Lamela Adebayor Eriksen

Back
Top Bottom