Tottenham Hotspur v Newcastle United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Happy for us to fly under the radar until the last 8 games or so. Saw Redknapp saying he thinks we'll still finish above the gooners, we don't need pressure like that or any quotes to set us up for a fall. Mind the gap and all that.

Lets take every game as it comes, keep notching 3 points and keep the pressure on. On paper our last 6 games are winnable, i'd love it more than anything if this year rather than see us dropping points and throwing it away we nick it under the noses of either the scousers or the scum. Would go about making up for the last few years.

Well that's one way of looking at it, but it kinda smacks of "sing when you're winning". We have to show the team we have faith and then they will start believing in themselves.

Absolutely, I meant from a pundits view - whatever happens, everyone should be behind the team. I'm just happy that we're not being bigged up by pundits to be pushing for the title or anything, Liverpool are the media darlings after this weekend but the week before they drew to West Brom. It can all change in a weekend.

The game by game is my own opinion - I don't really think we'll finish top 4, I don't want to set myself up for disappointment. Celebrate every win, every loss shrug the shoulders and wait for the next 90 mins.

Think Newcastle are there to be beaten, hopefully see us start well and not wait for the second half - 3-1 spurs.

Fuck me is Sandro fit yet ? This is the kind of game we will slip up in and the Everton game won't mean a lot . As for Lennon he is always out on the piss in Leeds lately really not giving a fuck

Fuck me is Sandro fit yet ? This is the kind of game we will slip up in and the Everton game won't mean a lot . As for Lennon he is always out on the piss in Leeds lately really not giving a fuck

Physio room has him returning Feb 24th and no return date for Lamela or Vlad. Not sure how accurate they are.

You just know De Jong is going to score his first goal against us.

Spursy

Just read an article that in his one and a half games he's matched Remy in terms of stats and is even more creative than him and so is due a goal :chadliblow:

Just read an article that in his one and a half games he's matched Remy in terms of stats and is even more creative than him and so is due a goal :chadliblow:
Except of course, the game would be played on St James' turf, not some Excel spreadsheet

:adeninja:

Physio room has him returning Feb 24th and no return date for Lamela or Vlad. Not sure how accurate they are.

I thought Sandro was supposed to be fit ages ago why does his date keep getting pushed back, really annoying.

Mark Lawrenson is like the rest of the Media Whores, Chatting about Liverpool as if they are the best team this world has ever clapped eyes on.. While they all dribbling over Liverpool and how unbeatable they are, none of them have noticed that little old us are a mere 3 points behind them.. Now work that out, Liverpool are the best team in the world and we are average in all departments and have no cohesion..
Going by their logic Liverpool must be 25 to 30 points above us????

What are they all going to do when Liverpool have their rough patch, which they will..

Liverpool doesn't have a rough patch....the whole city's fucking rough.

We need multiple goal scorers for this one.
Newcastle to sit deep and try and hit us over top past Dawson and co.

Given their strategy I wonder whether that Kaboul with more speed should play this one. Also to protect the long balls I would play a DM to sit in front of the two CB's as don't forget Rose and Walker are likely to be playing high up the pitch.
I would ditch Lennon for Townsend playing a 4123 with the fullbacks supporting the forward players hopefully the mix of all these players can give us at least a couple of goals spread.
Lloris
Walker, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Rose
Capoue
Paulinho, Dembele
Townsend, Adebayor, Eriksen
We win 3-1.

No - simply pointing out a few things

In a cunty way yes. All I'm saying is we need to keep him quiet considering he got a number of shots on target against a mean Chelsea defence and he's scored against us in the past with Twente

Liverpool doesn't have a rough patch....the whole city's fucking rough.
As a Brit I hate running down our cities, but Liverpool is, without a doubt, one of the most horrid cities I have ever been to. From the Wayne Rooney lookalikes to the lunchtime alkies with their kids in prams at the bar on the ferry 'cross the Mersey. Ugh. My condolences to anyone who lives there.

Back
Top Bottom