Tottenham Hotspur v Newcastle United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who else could provide them with a legitimate challenge? Everton clearly can't score without a striker and are thus bound to drop more points in the near future, and Man U are just a bundle of problems. We have players we're baffled about being in the side and barely have any cohesion, yet we're three points off their best season in years. While no one would argue they have the better chance to make top four, I certainly would highlight us for the challenge if I were them.

Incredibly, if we win tomorrow, and Woolwich drop points to Manure, then we would be only 7 points off the top spot. Pretty incredible considering we haven't been that good this season, have suffered a couple of terrible loses and have had two managers. It is a very entertaining season for sure.

Incredibly, if we win tomorrow, and Woolwich drop points to Manure, then we would be only 7 points off the top spot. Pretty incredible considering we haven't been that good this season, have suffered a couple of terrible loses and have had two managers. It is a very entertaining season for sure.

I was literally about to write this exact sentence. If it wasn't for the fact we lose it style then our season is decent.

Most entertaining season in years. March looks to be a great month of football.

It's odd with us lot,...
Many will kneejerk the season away in September if we're not Top by 10 clear points (an extreme example, I realise)
But at what point of the season CAN we accept we ARE in the mix?
Fuck me, people are still talking about Man Utd putting a run together and challenging for 4th, so if THEY'RE in the mix......
Not saying we should start planning our trips to the Nou Camp or Allianz Arena JUST yet, but fuck me we're IN THERE with at least 3 other teams!

It may be desperately 'un-Spursy',... But it's no crime if we allow ourselves to start enjoying it!!!

It's odd with us lot,...
Many will kneejerk the season away in September if we're not Top by 10 clear points (an extreme example, I realise)
But at what point of the season CAN we accept we ARE in the mix?
Fuck me, people are still talking about Man Utd putting a run together and challenging for 4th, so if THEY'RE in the mix......
Not saying we should start planning our trips to the Nou Camp or Allianz Arena JUST yet, but fuck me we're IN THERE with at least 3 other teams!

Start enjoying it!!!

We are certainly in the mix....its just the way we are playing which worries me...
We do have a fairly good run in, but also Liverpool away which could really make or break us

We are certainly in the mix....its just the way we are playing which worries me...
We do have a fairly good run in, but also Liverpool away which could really make or break us

This is everything. When will we get a big* win?
We're not convincing at all. Our victories are just barely that and could well have gone another way.

* like 2-0 or something crazy like that

This is everything. When will we get a big* win?
We're not convincing at all. Our victories are just barely that and could well have gone another way.

* like 2-0 or something crazy like that

I don't feel that we have ever clicked this season...on the positive side though if we haven't clicked and Liverpool have and there only 3 in front what does that say about our potential...

th
th

Alan Pardew……………That annoying duck?

If only I had any confidence that our manager could put together a run that would put us at least in the shake up
It would be just like Spurs to win the league this year, and releasing a DVD of the season that includes us getting battered up and down the country by every decent side, and scraping 1-0 away wins to secure the title.

I don't feel that we have ever clicked this season...on the positive side though if we haven't clicked and Liverpool have and there only 3 in front what does that say about our potential...
Potential being the operative word. Potential isn't a guarantor. I've been thinking about this a lot lately and it could just be that this crop of players just don't go well together, or maybe need Modric stye player to make them tick. Seems strange that both AVB and Weasel seem to be having some of the same problems. It will be interesting to see if LvG has those problems as well.

I'm going for a cheeky 2-1 to Spurs. Get dominated all game, saved only by the ludicrous displays from Daws, Verto and Lloris. Some Newcaslte cunt (better @ Eskimo Eskimo ?) to get one in the first half. Adebayor to score in 90+1 and 90+3.

You heard it here first.

Last edited:
I'm going for a cheeky 2-1 to Spurs. Get dominated all game, saved only by the ludicrous displays from Daws, Verto and Lloris. Remy to get one in the first half. Adebayor to score in 90+1 and 90+3.

You heard it here first.

Remy isn't playing. #ParadePissing

We need to have eriksen playing centrally. I think townsend will start so hopefully tim will realise this. I don't think my eyes can take another midfield of bentaleb, paulinho and dembele.

lets try a game without the boy bentaleb,stick in cap and see what its like. after all as tim says we can afford to lose five or six games. you wont hear another manager say that. what goes on in his head.

Back
Top Bottom