Tottenham Hotspur v Norwich City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know fuck all about football! I can say this because I thought Eriksen, of all our Summer signings had settled in the best. Especially of late! I also thought I saw Eriksen and Soldado forge a decent understanding (one that may have produced something today) on Thursday? But like I say, I obviously know fuck all! And the back room boy is a genius!

One good thing about tonight! TS will be fucked off come May! And all I can hope for is the appointment of an LvG will hopefully see us retain the services of the likes of Lloris and Vert!

I have never fucking swore so much in a post before! Sherwood is a Wanker!!!

Possibly the most disastrous result of our season has left us with nothing left to play for perhaps the Europa League.

Today was the sort of turgid, senile performance you would expect from a mid table side with nothing left to play for.

Losing Capoue after 15 minutes basically f**ked us off, particularly due to the lack of a like-for-like replacement on the bench. With Capoue on the pitch, I'd imagine Paulinho and Bentaleb would have more license to push further on as opposed to scrap for the ball in an already congested midfield.

There was absolutely no spark, no creativity, and I cannot for the life of me fathom why Chadli was brought on as a replacement for Capoue after 15 minutes? That is the most retarded substitution ever and I'm certain the players found it more peculiar than I did.

Regardless, you can only blame the management in part, there were some absolutely horrific performances. Vertonghen looks like he doesn't give a shit any more, Rose is a standing emblem of complacency, Bentaleb must be confused as why he's still getting picked, Dawson is not good enough, and Naughton, well...... everyone knows he is far from PL standard.

Whilst the black crows of the inevitable death of our season's aspirations lurk, turning it around on Thursday against Dnipro is now vitally important..........

Helluva lot more where that came from. Took me 2 pages to find them. I find YOU embarrassing with your pathetic comments.

Nothing wrong with constructive criticism and debating but the bile and shit coming out of your mob is a joke.
Ha :rolleyes: I was being over the top for comedic effect, representing the shouting at the TV type deal. I promise I am not like this at the match or even on the forum... I didn't know I was in a mob either.

All that money spunked away in the summer, our out on loan players who are equally as good as most of the new signings baffles me holtby, Livermore, Carroll, benny. The fatigue baffles me - these are pro footballers its what they do, they get paid a lot of money to do it....it's no excuse all this EL bollocks...we pay a lot of money to watch them do it, the starting line up, the subs......basically everything baffles me
Baffled from Baffletown in the country of Great Baffled.

Just crap today, very glad i didnt actually succeed in my ticket application.

The lack of urgency (yes that magic word again) was there. No spark, no invention and worryingly too many players fannying out of challenges. Utter shit. And lets face it, out of that back 4 who do you actually consider as a first team starter? Only Verts and he looks like hes still finding his way back. The other three simply arent good enough and should be back up players, the startling failure to buy a proper left back yet again rearing it's head.

I actually thought Chadli was one of the few players trying to make something happen when he came on, dont understand the stick he gets on here ?

.....and to continue my anger fueled ranting...why the fuck does one sub off Paulinho...the only midfielder capable of a forward pass? If you need to bring a striker on, take off the mid that is doing absolutely fuck all. In this game, benteleb should have been taken off well before Paulinho.

.....and to continue my anger fueled ranting...why the fuck does one sub off Paulinho...the only midfielder capable of a forward pass? If you need to bring a striker on, take off the mid that is doing absolutely fuck all. In this game, benteleb should have been taken off well before Paulinho.

Eriksen for Bentaleb should've been the first move after going down 1-0.

The other thing...these guys are professional athletes...no fucking way they are "too tired" to play after a game on thursday.

I also don't get the whole "tired from traveling" thing...its not like they are jogging across the continent.

If spurs are committed to dembele , they might want to think about selling paulinho

Paulinho was poor today and should have been subbed ahead of Dembele for me I think spurs need to commit to either dembele or Pauilinho as their first choice CM. Paulinho has a strong World Cup n a sale might be wise

If spurs are committed to dembele , they might want to think about selling paulinho

Paulinho was poor today and should have been subbed ahead of Dembele for me I think spurs need to commit to either dembele or Pauilinho as their first choice CM. Paulinho has a strong World Cup n a sale might be wise

The whole team was poor, to be fair...but if you want to increase your chance of scoring you would need to play the players more likely to move forward and score...thats why I think Paulinho should have stayed on...Dembele does the same job as benteleb: passing side to side and back to defense.

He does move the ball forward quite a bit actually - but often there's so little movement/options around him - he has no choice but to loop wide

Maybe from deep mid to central...during the game most play near the box was either Paulinho Chadli or Ade, Paulinho with a couple of flicks and throughs.

When Dembele does decide to pass it forward it is your standard mid to long range roller that basically draws a very neat and decorative letter of its intent, on Dembele's stationary, to the chairman of the opposition in just enough time for him to pass it along to the back room staff so they can decipher exactly where its going to go, jog it down to the pitch, whisper in the manager's ear, allow the manager to make a few gestures, all in time for fucking Hoolihan to pick off the pass. TL;DR: Walking it in is not going to work against teams desperate for points.

FUCK IM PISSED OFF
CscyLHN.gif

Probably our most dismal week of the season. Both performances were shite. Horrible to watch an beaten by a team that has won 1 in 13.

Players offered no fight. Lost almost every 50/50. General quality of passing was unbelievably poor.

Didn't want to single anyone out, but Dawson misread so much and still loves a hoof. Not that the others were much better.

Starting formation strange, substations strange.

Overall. Utter wank. Possibly needed our pursuit of champions league.

Back
Top Bottom