Tottenham Hotspur v Norwich City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The players' heads are down. That us the major red flag that even the Sherwood acolytes should pay attention to. Not saying it's his fault, but it's a problem and it's, unfortunately, his to fix. What's worse is that in his post match comments he has resorted to the typical pro forma "English manager" comment of blaming the players and saying they've got to do the business next time out. He needs instant action if he's going to be here in September.

As some have mentioned and i completely agree, had we managed to keep our better players, namely bale and modric, this may not have happened.

Also how can a team with so much quality play poorly on a constant basis? I really don't understand. And for the second time Tim looked like he had no clue as to what he should do, subs that were either too late or bad.
Eriksen is our most important player, he (and lamela) will be our 'new bale' over the coming seasons. He will make things happen, so why not play him? What does that prove? Im lost. Im not a hater of this manager but today showed his inexperience.

Thought Chadli actually was one of our better players today. Not the best crossing and he whiffed one his breakaway, but he got stock in on some tackles and didn't easily concede the ball (looking dead at our central mids).
Chadli is the Belgium version of Siggy

Good for depth but far from a preferred starting 11 option. So predictable on the wing with his a few dribbles n cut inside. No real pace. Nothing that stands. The fact that u point out a few tackles n ball retention on his part as some type of standout performance is rather telling of his game n the shit displayed by the rest the club.

Chadli is the Belgium version of Siggy

Good for depth but far from a preferred starting 11 option. So predictable on the wing with his a few dribbles n cut inside. No real pace. Nothing that stands. The fact that u point out a few tackles n ball retention on his part as some type of standout performance is rather telling of his game n the shit displayed by the rest the club.

Yeah that's pretty much exactly what I meant there. He certainly wasn't excellent, but he stood out of the cesspool.

Why are people still saying "we have the quality players …?" We clearly haven't. We thought we did but we don't. Morale is probably rock bottom amongst the players because having been hyped at the start of the season, the penny has now dropped.

Also, on this form, apart from Lloris and Verts, who's likely to be picked for their respective world cup squads? That'll make some a bit sad and demotivated.

I'm a bit sad and demotivated too.

Back
Top Bottom