Tottenham Hotspur v Norwich City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Spot on - massively responsible for this current mess of a season

too many seasons of selling our best players with no replacements, and wondering why we always fucked up, the guys a leech, sucking everything he can out of THFC, he doesn't care for the football, aslong as he gets money from merchandise and overpriced tickets he's happy

The difference between this game and v Everton was that they took their chance and could have had more while Everton didn't.

A lot of players out of position and a lot of players not living up to their billing. I'll say the unpopular belief: these players ARE good enough for CL qualification.

But there is too much hidden potential that isn't coming out, especially in the front 5-6. The 'hoof it to Ade' approach is a woeful tactical regression given the personnel that played today. The truth is that we dont look much different today from how we did this time last season. The key difference is that we have Townsend rather than Bale - the man who may one day make it happen as opposed to the man who could, and frequently did, make it happen.

There's no focal point to play around any more. There's no pivot or pendulum or metronome or whatever the fuck else you want to call it.

There are just 11 players, many of whom are better than their recent showings.

Today was poor at best.

We need to focus everything on the EL. let the elusive 4th place go. EL all out progress.
We will better off finishing out of the Euro positions for next year and be as Liverpool are, just playing without euro distractions.

Oh what a difference a week makes, only a week or so ago we were waxing lyrical about the Geordie demolition........what happened? I even tried to stay positive after Dnipro.....I'm going to the lane on Thursday and Sunday, what the hell are we gonna see? One things for sure.....COYS.

A lot of people saying it's to be expected after a Thursday game - well and it sickens me to do it - look at those cunts over the way that chased shadows for 90mins, half with 10 men , in a game if actual significance against real quality opposition- and then rattled Sunderland 4-0, Sunderland who have been doing ok, certainly no worse than those inbred fucks we took it off today. Even fucking Swansea had a go. Sherwood says it's a test of character now - well news flash for the doss cunt there are no characters - except Chevy Chase in central defence

Well what a ridiculous debacle that was.. This result is the equivalent of the result against Fulham last season..
It's the result that put paid to top 4.
I'm sure it's been said, but why o why Bentaleb????????????? He offers nothing. I'm all for blooding the youngsters but this obsession is beyond a joke now.
I'm pretty sure ( correct me if I'm wrong ) but he needlessly gave the ball away for their goal. ( Big Tvs have yet to reach Norwich. )
Majority of the team should be ashamed with themselves, all the talk as usual but half arsed efforts on the pitch.
We gave the team in the league with the least amount of confidence, nothing but belief and confidence.

The football spoiled a great day, it should be the highlight but it wasn't.
Great turn out as usual, the walk from the pub to the ground was superb everyone stopped and watched us walk by singing and supporting our club.

Can't believe we lost to these idiots, they've won one in the last 12 or 13 games. Their fans only started getting involved because we allowed them into the game and basically boss it.
They held an it's a knockout competition at half time with a couple of idiots racing each other in big inflatable balls.
And to see them taking the piss out of us was just about laughable.

Let's go ALL out for the Europa now, it's the only way we can salvage any pride from what has been a horrible season.

Oh what a difference a week makes, only a week or so ago we were waxing lyrical about the Geordie demolition........what happened? I even tried to stay positive after Dnipro.....I'm going to the lane on Thursday and Sunday, what the hell are we gonna see? One things for sure.....COYS.
Why disagree with my post I'm simply saying even though they've been poorer than poor ill still be supporting them whatever.

Realistically speaking, the league campaign seems to be over for us. It's not that we are that far from our rivals, but we are playing in a manner that doesn't allow us to hope for anything better than fifth at the moment. I am not very optimistic about the Europa either because there are some good teams left there and we aren't even sure if we are going to get past Dnipro anyway.

I wouldn't call this a meltdown, i am just sad that yet another forgettable season passed.

It was so frustrating not to see Eriksen on the pitch. We were instantly better on Thursday when he came on. Every time chadli got the ball, my heart just sank a bit.

Thought Chadli actually was one of our better players today. Not the best crossing and he whiffed one his breakaway, but he got stock in on some tackles and didn't easily concede the ball (looking dead at our central mids).

Did we all really expect better today. I don't believe we did . Game after game week after week we lived a football lie. Believing we could both catch Liverpool and possibly win the EL, these were unrealistic expectations. We hoped, we willed the team on staying posative. The results were supporting our feelings. BANG! down to earth. This is football Jim. Yes as we know it. Let's go all out for the EL and forfeit the top 5 spot. Beam me up .

Back
Top Bottom